VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ellis Clinic IMO/IME

Rate this question

wood78221

Question

I know there has been some people asking about the Ellis Clinic and how some of the outcomes were. I am going soon to the clinic and once I get my report/exam back from him, I will file a claim. I will keep everyone posted throughout the process so people can know what the outcome was. 

3 hours ago, vetquest said:

As I am to understand the VA is not supposed to send you to a C&P to get negative evidence if there is already positive (IMO) evidence in your favor.

Interesting, I have never heard of that. I know the completion date estimate doesn't mean that much, and it can change all the time. But, since i sent in the IMO-IME from Ellis, I am wondering did it cover everything they (the VA) wanted to know. We will see. 

VA is sending me for C&P for all my claims I filed with Ellis IME.  Heck I did one for a PTSD followup and another for PTSD & TBI in one week.  Both contractors which I felt went well.  I have VA C&P's for 6 claims coming up.  They are doing them all in one day.  Now the VA C&P's have been way different than the contract one's.  I'll keep you posted how they go, but I think they are going to try and hammer Ellis IME.  I'm going to throw a binder at them with all my evidence.  They want to play?  I like to play, so let's get it on.  If it goes not as planned, then on to plan B.  They'll be wasting everyone's time when all is said and done.

2 minutes ago, El Train said:

VA is sending me for C&P for all my claims I filed with Ellis IME.  Heck I did one for a PTSD followup and another for PTSD & TBI in one week.  Both contractors which I felt went well.  I have VA C&P's for 6 claims coming up.  They are doing them all in one day.  Now the VA C&P's have been way different than the contract one's.  I'll keep you posted how they go, but I think they are going to try and hammer Ellis IME.  I'm going to throw a binder at them with all my evidence.  They want to play?  I like to play, so let's get it on.  If it goes not as planned, then on to plan B.  They'll be wasting everyone's time when all is said and done.

Interesting. I’ve only been scheduled for one so far. And yes, in the end, if you have the favorable opinion vs their negative one (of course) you will win, during the initial claim or via appeal. 

Edited by wood78221
1 minute ago, wood78221 said:

Interesting. I’ve only been scheduled for one so far. 

Ya.  I'm guessing they need to do DBQ's since Ellis doesn't do them.  Just want to get them done and over with.  Heck I had a Psyc. Dr. do a nexus with a DBQ, and still had to do two C&P exams.  Just more proof I guess.

SO update on the claim today;

Called the VA and they the VA already had decided on 2 claims (ED and Anatomical loss of use), but he wouldn't tell me the outcome.

He also said Migraines secondary to Depression is still pending, which I have a CP tomorrow. They deferred the Sinusitis (gulf war exposure), rhinitis(gulf war exposure), IBS (gulf war exposure), dizziness (reopen) claims for now. Not sure if this is bad or good. Odd thing is, they already deferred them and I just filed the claim about 2 weeks ago. Stay tuned. 

Edited by wood78221

Had C&P today for the rest of my claims by VA nurse practitioner.  Basically filled out DBQ's like I thought.  I refereed her to Ellis diagnoses a couple times. She did say they were pretty extensive from Dr. Ellis.  I'm feeling positive since an MD opinion should outweigh a NP.  But I think the C&P went pretty good.   We shall see.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use