VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

*** SMC ( S) ***

Rate this question

david dupe

Question

I read on H&P attorney site, one way to qualify for smc (s) u can be tdiu permanent & total and at least 60% sc by its self or combined. What makes it 100% this way is the permanent & total.the other way is a secondary rating of 100%.

has anyone filed and was awarded this way???

No.  You dont get BOTH A and A and SMC S.  If you have SMC S, you can get upgraded to A and A, but if you have A and A, you cant get SMC S.  A and A is a higher level.  If you have 90 percent rating you cant ALSO get 30 percent.  They combine them using VA math.  

If u get A&A can you qualify for smc ratings other ??

my vso gave me a 21-2680 to have filled out and bring back to him, so he can file a form requesting a&a. If I'm approved will they give me ratings that I qualify for or just a&a?

• HadIt.com Elder

I think he means if he gets A&A can he get a higher SMC?

( if your disability warrants it or get worse  yes you can.)

or  file on another Disability and get it service connected and a high rating say another 100% but it depends if it will meet the SMC Criteria for which your claiming, the worse a veteran is with his/her disability's the higher up the SMC Latter.

Read  Asknod.Org  about Mr Patato Head....Asknod explains in cartoon form just how the SMC Creiteria works.  

It's a Good Illustration! 

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember they don't use a combined rating when SMC Is involved  they use a Special SMC Rating table to decided what the SMC Would be based on the criteria for what the Special SMC Rating table will be.

Sometimes they don't do this  so its a good Ideal to look up the rating criteria for which SMC you may be eligible for.

However broncovet is correct  you can't have two SMC at the same time, so if your filing for A&A make sure you don't qualify for a higher SMC, This is why you need to read ''Asknod.org''   web site  The Mr Potato Head Illustration. 

Please bare with me, since my stroke I don't always understand or convey things properly.i did electronics and electrical work in the Navy so I had to be a little sharper than I am now.

i understand that I can only be rated one rating (s,m r1 etc.) at a time. My question is once my MD fills out my 21-2680, should my vso request a&a or should he file (ask) for a certain letter on the Smc chart that best fits the answers on my 21-2680 or will the VA RATERS assign a smc rating on thier own??