VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The dbq I just received...

Rate this question

AtlMarine

Question

I realize PTSD disability claims and %'s are solely up to the VA personnel to decide upon, but would any of you "experts" read my dbq and weigh-in with your opinion as to:

a) my chances of approval and if so

b) what % range I Might get approved for by the VA?

I greatly appreciate this forum and the people who help educate and give opinions to the rest of us on the VA disability claim process.

* I am well aware that no one on this forum can tell me for sure: a) if I will get approved and b) what %. I'm only asking for an opinion.*

Thank you.

DBQ.pdf

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

It was pretty favorable:  It said you had a diagnosis (PTSD), a "stressor", and a nexus.  

HOwever, in "criteria F" it makes the statement:  "The Veteran does not meet the full critiera for PTSD".  

This is more than a bit concerning.  That statement would appear to put the whole thing, otherwise very favorable, in limbo.  

However, if you can or do get past that it says you have "total occupational and social impairment".  That is the exact words of the critieria for 100 percent.  

BUT...raters dont like it when doctors do their job and suggest a rating sometimes.  

Its my opinion that statment   could well result in a denial.  

However, if you are sc for ptsd, I speculate the most likely percent is 100 percent.  

Its all gonna boil down to how "veteran friendly" your rater is.  It could go either way.  They are supposed to give you the benfit of the doubt.   

Benefit of the doubt:  In VA speak this means the VA "doubts you will get any benefits".  

Now, Im sure there are people who will tell you it should be smooth sailing and you will get 100 percent for PTSD with retro benefits back to 1885, the year your great great grandfather died.  However, my experience is that "if" there is a glitch, VA will find it, and if there is no glitch, VA makes one up.  

Good luck..it could or should be good.  But I dont like that statement, above.  

Edited by broncovet

I agree with Broncovet's opinion that the statement that you do not meet the full criteria for PTSD is a concern.  Are you already diagnosed with PTSD?  You might get an anxiety rating out of this if you do not get PTSD as the examiner notes your anxiety is off the charts.

3 hours ago, broncovet said:

Benefit of the doubt:  In VA speak this means the VA "doubts you will get any benefits". 

Exactly.

I agree too- this might well warrant a high rating But- the stressor- can that be confirmed?

It should be in your unit's morning reports.

I am not concerned at all that it (DBQ) says you do not meet the full PTSD criteria. Many vets dont-

you do not exhibit a suicidal ideation- that is a Good thing . Many vets with PTSD don't

either but they still have PTSD.

I agree with vetquest that they might consider this as PTSD with  the additional diagnosis in Part 2 ,I think under (b).

Edited by Berta

This article  might help you:

https://veterans.perkinslawtalk.com/post/va-disability-rating-for-ptsd/

I do not think you will have any problem getting a rating-and VA might concede the stressor because of the way it is stated in the DBQ- a falling under the 2010 PTSD regulations.

Sometimes a vet will give the worse stressor ,in their mind , that they experienced. But that stressor might be hard to prove, yet a different stressor might well be easily proven- if VA asks for proof.

It only takes one provable or conceded stressor to satisfy the stressor requirement.

I think VA should concede it in your case- I just do not have the elusive crystal ball , to determine what they will do.