VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Lousy C&P Exam.... Meniere's Disease

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

Meniere's Disease involves an audiological component(hearing loss) that requires examination/evaluation.

From my understanding of VA regs, there is a requirement that any C&P involving hearing loss MUST be done by an audiologist.

I had complained prior to the exam about the qualifications of haviing my C&P exam performed by a NP.

My complaint fell on deaf ears.

LACK OF EVALUATION OF SERVICE TREATMENT RECORDS:

At no point on this C&P exam, is the onset in service of low frequency hearing loss @500hz (Symptom of Meniere's) addressed by the C&P examiner.

At no point, was the onset in service of fluctuating low frequency significant threshold shifts(15dB) (Symptom of Meniere's) addressed by the C&P examiner.

At no point, was dizziness (Symptom of Meniere's) having onset in service addressed by the C&P examiner.

Right ear pain( Symptom of Meniere's) occurred three months before a following hearing test indicated two low frequency significant threshold shifts in my right ear, per my service treatment records.

SECTION II - RESTATEMENT OF REQUESTED OPINION

2a. Insert requested opinion from general remarks.

Does the veteran have a diagnosis of Meniere's Disease that is at least as likely as not(50 percent or greater probability) incurred in or caused by the right ear pain during service?

This rater wrongfully asks the examiner to opine if Meniere's Disease was caused by the right ear pain noted during service.

This is why I had typed above BOLD print Meniere's Symptom to illustrate that ear pain is a symptom, one of many, and not a cause of Meniere's Disease.

What did I learn from this?

When the VA wants to deny a veteran disability benefits, it is easy to pencil whip a a claim with a bogus DBQ performed by one of their bogus examiners.

The RO level is rotten.

Another one headed to the BVA.

Scan_0106.jpg

Scan_0107.jpg

Scan_0108.jpg

Edited by 63Charlie

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

3 answers to this question

It is sad that we have to go to the BVA to have a fair hearing on our cases, only delaying them by years.

Have you tried calling the Whitehouse number?

Edited by vetquest

Dealt with the WH Hotline before on another claim where the VA developed to deny a claim for ankle condition.

VA sent me for a C&P exam for my ankles.

Examiner opinion was favorable noting my injuries in service.

Rater decided to send me for a second C&P exam 3 months later to obtain a negative opinion, and consequently deny me for my disability.

Reason given to me for the denial was that the second opinion was, I quote, "more persuasive".

So much for the "equipoise" rule, as both the examiners were Physician Assistants,AND no matter that the second examiner's rationale was full of false statements contradicted by service treatment records.

The VA run, Whitehouse Hotline was of no help to me.

Not sure if anyone has had better results.

Someone from there called me to perform an inquiry.

I went over the details of my claim denial with this person, and was told he didn't have the authority to change my decision, but that it looked like I had a good chance on winning my appeal.

I'd rather be told the truth by this person than have him make false promises.

I thanked him for his help, anyway.

I am currently going thru the same process and was diagnosed with meniers by the VA. CUrrently being treated for it by them and also I went and have a civilian ARNP (ENT) exam done along with a dbq of meniers and nexus completed at 50% or greater. I submitted this a few months ago and its being tossed into an older appeal from 2 years ago. Are you just showing your C&P results or was there a question in particular? It seems that the box being selected at 50% or less likely being service connected is what killed it. I attached an article from Pubmed.org to my claim for the c&P exam and also civilian arnp which helped me a lot with the nexus on the civilian side.