VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P exam Scheduled for Re-opened flat feet claim

Rate this question

doc25

Question

So, I was able to obtain a filled out DBQ for Pes Planus (flat feet) and submitted a claim  to re-open my previously denied claim.

I've been scheduled for a c&p exam with LHI and a Nurse Practitioner is doing the exam.

The anxiety shot through the roof when I got the letter (it never gets old). 

I've read through my initial c/p exam from 2007. That one was done by a PA and the examiner somehow concluded that my in-service diagnosis was congenital (pre-existing) without looking at my entrance exam that says I had normal archs. That claim was denied. I was denied again in 2016 when I reclaimed it. This will be my third time claiming it. 

Hopefully, 3rd time is the charm. 

Can I take all my evidence? Or no?

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This sounds like still another VA "made up denial".  

Here is the deal:

You go into the military, and you get a pre entrance physical.  Now, there is a presumption here.  The presumption is that your doc is competent, and notes any deficiencies on your medical records.  

Then you go to the service and get an "exit" physical.  Now, any maladies you had between entrance and exit physicals are "presumed" to be caused by service.  

Now, VA can, in some circumstances, "rebut" the presumption.  But they have to have evidence that your condition pre existed service.  The Board can not make unsubstantiated medical opinions without evidence.  

Therefore, its my opinion that, based on what you posted, the entrance physical (unless your flat feet was noted on your entrance physical) indicated you did not have flat feet, you have them when you get out of service, so you are entitled to that presumption "provided that" you applied within a year of exit from service.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I'd love to find my entry medical records  all I remember is they took about 12 of us in this room lined us all up and said strip necked..we did and the Dr came in behind us and had us all to bend over and took his finger and said cough to the right  now cough to the left...that was it as I remember  they never ask us  or me anyway about any medical problems I may have had...we all got dressed and that was it next thing we did was swear in.  and the Capt  said gentleman welcome to Uncle Sams Army

Now things have changed I'm sure,  this was 1968

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes doc25  take all your evidence and ask if the examiner has it?  if not let him/her have it  but make yourself extra copies first.

you want to make sure they have all your evidence and this would be a good time to have it in case va never sent it all in to the examiner.

37 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Yes doc25  take all your evidence and ask if the examiner has it?  if not let him/her have it  but make yourself extra copies first.

you want to make sure they have all your evidence and this would be a good time to have it in case va never sent it all in to the examiner.

Will do. I have everything ready in chronological order from my entrance exam to my last podiatry visit at my local VA.

Also, I should be receiving my C-File on disc around Wednesday or Thursday. So, I'll have all weekend to go through it. My C&P was rescheduled for Monday 2/18 at 8am.

Employer denied my leave request for this wednesday. just my luck.

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

This sounds like still another VA "made up denial".  

Here is the deal:

You go into the military, and you get a pre entrance physical.  Now, there is a presumption here.  The presumption is that your doc is competent, and notes any deficiencies on your medical records.  

Then you go to the service and get an "exit" physical.  Now, any maladies you had between entrance and exit physicals are "presumed" to be caused by service.  

Now, VA can, in some circumstances, "rebut" the presumption.  But they have to have evidence that your condition pre existed service.  The Board can not make unsubstantiated medical opinions without evidence.  

Therefore, its my opinion that, based on what you posted, the entrance physical (unless your flat feet was noted on your entrance physical) indicated you did not have flat feet, you have them when you get out of service, so you are entitled to that presumption "provided that" you applied within a year of exit from service.  

It's Clear and Unmistakable I did not have flat feet noted in my entrance exam. Normal Archs is circled.

EntranceExam98.pdf

2 hours ago, doc25 said:

It's Clear and Unmistakable I did not have flat feet noted in my entrance exam. Normal Archs is circled.

EntranceExam98.pdf

That is a clear error.  I am going to assume they had all of this information before them when they made the denial. The key here imo is the diagnosis to state that your flat feet is congenital.  In your denial did they state how they came up with that diagnosis?  Did they do any X-Rays? Do you have a diagnosis from your own dr?