VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VBA

Rate this question

Jay Cas

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"Figuring out VA" requires a Phd in VAola.  Berta has an honorary hadit Phd.  She has been posting on hadit since it was written on cave walls with bits of charcoal, well before electricity was invented.  Well maybe not quite that long.  She has been here quite a while before I was here, and I have been here about 10 years.  

If you just applied in May, 2018, you "may" have a ways to go.   I applied in May, 2002, and its not yet resloved and vA has not yet even adjuticated all of my claims.  Im on my 17th year.  

Ha Ha Broncovet, that was funny-

My daughter, a veteran, and I anxiously started to watch an archeology documentary on TV years ago

I  asked her -when did Mankind invent the wheel----and she replied :

'Don't you remember Mom? You were there!'

:unsure:

Jay Cas, by now you should have received a letter from VA verifying they received your claim.

Then at some point you will get a letter asking you for evidence-you need to send them copies of whatever you have ( I use priority mail with a tracking slip- to make sure they get it.)

And I strongly suggest you get some manila file folders, to keep copies in, of all the VA stuff.

I joined hadit in around 1997, 3 years after my husband died. He only had a few files re: VA then.

I now have hundreds of them re: VA. But probaby only half of them regard my claims.

They are well marked  and tabbed, and include his SMRs (USMC)  and all VA medical records, DD214 and DD 215 from USMC, DD 214 from USN, SSDI awards, birth cert, his 30 % SC PTSD award-1983, his TDIU form copy, his 1151 claim and then

multiple files and folders of the multiple claims issues his death involved, when I became the claimant.

One file of denials and another file next to it of awards.

I hope- and sure do not believe you will ever have to accumulate lots of VAOLA like may of us have had to do....

But make sure you save Everything  from them and keep copies of what you have sent to them.

Hello Berta,

Thanks for the advice. I did something similar to what you suggested.  For every claim that I submitted, I placed each one into a Tab i.e.

Tab 1 - Hemrhoids

Tab 2 - IBS

Tab 3 - Right Knee/Left Knee

Tab 4 - Undiagnosed Gulf War Illness (Chronic Pain)

Tab 5 - Tinnitus

I think I claimed more just used those as an exampled. I did receive a message on ebenefits stating they received my claims. I am just waiting now to see what else I will need. I've heard so many VA stories and plus I've been reading messages on this website every day. I appreciate everyone's help on here. I guess I can't ask for any advice until I receive my rating back.