VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please help me decipher this DBQ for Back (Thoracolumbar Spine) Conditions

Rate this question

megajunk

Question

I recently (October 2018) made my first claim and was examined and rated @ 10% for Tinnitus.  Immediately afterwards, I received a letter from the VA stating that they had made an appointment for me for back pain that was from a claim in March of 2000.  (I left the USAF in January, 2000).  This is the result of that C&P exam.

I was also sent a letter about foot pain that I had claimed in 2000.  I ended up filling out more paperwork to explain condition, and sending in medical records from private doctors.  I believe that they combined the foot pain, and the back pain into one claim.

I cannot see anything on eBenefits regarding the status these claims since they are so old (that's what they told me). 

I am also soliciting opinions as to what the effective date for these claims would be.  

Please let me know what you think regarding this DBQ from a C&P exam:

Thank you VERY much!   

Thanks!

mhv_Xxxxxxxx_.pdf

Edited by megajunk
Reduce size of 1st post. Added file of back C&P exam results

Megajunk:

You need to find out if this claim was denied, adjuticated, or rated at zero percent.  You can do this, likely, by ordering a copy of your cfile, else you are flying blind.  We cant do that for you.  

I just called the 800-827-1000 number and was told:

1. He does not see anywhere in the claim (526 Form) which I signed 2/15/2000, and was submitted on 3/2/2000 where the claim was closed, denied, adjudicated or rated in any way.  It looks like it just 'dropped through the cracks'.
  2. He said there was an annotation of "Correction of Local Quality Error" and that was as "still open".
  3. The claim still shows they are waiting for other info from a private doctor, but that they had in fact received that info on 2/1/2019, so it is waiting to be processed and reviewed.

Secondly, you posted:

Was this done at VA?  If so, that is probably a lie.  I have medical records from 1998.  If it was a private doc., maybe.   Go to the medical facility and ask again.  You will likely talk to a different person than before and get a different answer. 

No, this was at a private doctor.  I was told they had records going back to the 80s, and the were counseled that could destroy everything over 10 years old, and they did it.  She told me she had a record of my appointments, but nothing about what the appointments were for, etc.  I had two appointments.  Only one of which I showed up for.  

I will contact my regional office and request a copy of my c-file.

Again, thanks everyone for your help, and your service!

Well, day after tommorrow (Feb. 15, 2019) will be 9 years for an initial decision.  Some years ago, on another board, one of the "20 year experienced" former VA raters turned VSO, told me that it was impossible for an initial claim to take that long.  I wonder what else he told us that was not true..I knew it at the time he said it, that time after time, Vets claims slip through the cracks and are never adjuticated.  It happens "so often" that the CAVC even has a name for it:  They call it "deemed denied" when the Va spaces out your claim, and ignores you.  I call it criminal, and in conflict with 38 cfr 3.103 which guarantees Vets are "entitled to a written decision on their claim".  

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks broncovet   Roger that!

I recently received a phone call from the VA to schedule a C&P for my foot pain.  Scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Edited by megajunk

On 2/13/2019 at 3:22 PM, Buck52 said:

Thanks broncovet   Roger that!

On 2/14/2019 at 7:33 AM, megajunk said:

Yep, except it is 19 years, not 9.

I seen your DBQ from the VA C&P exam. What I did was find a private doctor who will do EMG's on your back and legs. This will help your claim to a proper rating for your injuries. If I can be of service to you at  no cost to help you I am here. What one gives to a VSO will help them for ones claims. They can only put in what you give them, so help yourself and get the info you need.