VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU P&T

Rate this question

abnrgr88

Question

Hello brothers and sisters,   I had my 1st appointment scheduled at the 1 year mark for TDIU that was awarded. Overall at 90%. The year came and went this last October, no call. 2 to 3 weeks later I got a packet from Regional telling me i am now P&T at 90%. My family is awarded chapter 35. They sent all forms to fill out for all benefits of a P&T 100% Veteran. Also, importantly, it states i have no further appointments. It said nothing of IU. Big question, does this make me employable??   Thanks for your advice!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Did your decision letter state you are TDIU or did it state you are 100 percent?  You indicated "it said nothing of IU".  So this suggests, yes, you can get a job if you like and if you are able.  

HOWEVER, not so fast!!!

If you are rated 100 percent for a mental disablity, the criteria says: "Total OCCUPATIONAL and social" impariment.  If you have total occupational impairment, then you cant work.  In other words if you have a 100 percent mental rating, then you are risking benefits by going back to work, as you would not be "totally occupationally impaired" if you were working.  

• HadIt.com Elder

If your IU or 100% P&T

Make good use of all these benefits, the veteran with IU or 100% can check with his  COUNTY/STATE APPRAISAL Office For which he lives for property tax exemption & do it before April of this year.

This to us was one of the Major Benefits besides the ChampVA for the spouse.

As for as how they have you rated  is it IU /P&T?  OR 100% Scheduler   w/P&T?

to find out

call the 1-800 # and ask  or check your e benefits account if you have one.

Also

It should tell you in your award packet.

Edited by Buck52