VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has this happened to anyone else? SSDI cry denial

Rate this question

Okemos_Veteran74

Question

I just received notification the other day that social security had found me no longer disabled. This happened after I met with a psychologist of their choosing for 45 minutes to an hour. It was a complete surprise.

I immediately filed paperwork to appeal this, and hired an attorney to help me.

I lost social security after what is called a "continuing disability review".

Has this happened to anyone else?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

No, its never happened to anyone else.   The thousands of social security lawyers who fight this stuff should all apply for unemployment, effective immediately, because social security always gets it right the first time.  Ok, maybe some of these lawyers should go to VA law.  

You were sent to one of their doctors, this is a perfect setup for denial.  These doctors get their living from social security and therefore tow the line.  

When I first applied I was seen by a social security doctor who said I was able to work.  That after two doctors on the civilian side said I was no longer able to work and the loss of my job and buddy letters from management.

The best way to fight this is with medical documentation from your doctors.

• HadIt.com Elder

WHY did you get call up for a review? in the first place?

Did you report income? That's about the only way I know they would called you up for a continue disability review?

or some one ,maybe like a Jealous Neighbor reported you to SSA you were working?

No I wasn’t working.  I was approved in late 2016 for tbi and depression. It may be the case that since I was granted disability for depression, it should have gotten better.  Or at least that might the logic behind the decision.

Thank goodness for my 100% p&f  rating from the VA  I was approved in December 2018. Hmm,.....

Is it possible that because I went from TDIU to s hedular 100 - that might have triggered something?

Make sure your lawyer and the SSA are aware of the 100% P & T rating.