VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P for Ptsd: What to expect?

Rate this question

AtlMarine

Question

I greatly appreciate the members who gave me feedback on my dbq the other day.

I just submitted my fully developed claim for ptsd with the following:

1) dbq- attached 

2) Two buddy letters: one from a buddy who witnessed the same killing I witnessed. The other is from my brother giving accounts of my behavior since I came home from the Corps. My brother says that I have headbutted him on two occassions when we had a heated discussion. Another friend said I did the same to him. I don't remember head butting either. But I know I get heated up easily.

3) Social Security Record:  Job history print out: 95 jobs in 26 years

MY QUESTION IS: What should I expect when the VA schedules my C&P exam? Do all fully developed claims go to a C&P?

Specifically, what kinds of questions and what takes place at the exam?

Does the examiner just go over what I provided or test me or what?

I don't want to overthink it, but I sure as heck want to be prepared because I don't trust the VA in Atlanta.

Thanks

DBQ.pdf

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

ATIMarine

SSD usually means ''Social Security Disability'' in this context.

Edited by Buck52

First and foremost, the vast majority of DBQ's are available for submission privately. Unfortunately, PTSD initial DBQs are not one of them.........another is hearing loss and tinnitus.  PTSD Review is a different story though.

If combat can be conceded i.e. combat action badge, combat medic badge, combat infantry badge, purple heart etc., then you will not need to submit a 21-0781 stressor verification form or 21-0781a (in case of military sexual trauma.) If we are not able to able to concede combat, then you will need to submit one of those two forms. I would recommend also including a narrative statement in addition to it written on a 21-4138.

Having a PTSD Dx (diagnosis) would be helpful, as well as continuing treatment, though not necessary. I would submit any and all mental health records that you have concerning your treatment for PTSD.

The medical opinion provided will be taken into consideration, but not the DBQ.

Best of luck.