VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Would anyone be willing to look over my husbands new report and DBQs concerning separate ratings for TBI/PTSD A&A Headaches?

Rate this question

Vet Dog and wife

Question

Would anyone be willing to look over my husband’s new report and DBQs concerning separate ratings for TBI/PTSD A&A Headaches? we also posted a lot of his VA claim docs too.

Thank you all very much for all your prior advice. you have helped my husband so much and we truly appreciate all your help.

Edited by Vet Dog and wife
need help

Dear Berta, Asknod , doc25, Tbird, Buck52, broncovet, vetquest, Oceanbound, and other hadit members. You have all helped me so much with my Husbands (The Marine Boxer) claim in the past.

I finally got my husband’s final reports and DBQs. Would some of you hadit members please look them over and give your opinions? I am getting ready to send all or this to my husband’s VSA to be submitted to the VA

Thank you all very much for all your prior advice. you have helped my husband so much and we truly appreciate all your help.

Edited by Vet Dog and wife

Unfortunately, I have cataracts and cannot read fine print, such as much of the stuff you posted, above.  I will make a few general comments, tho. 

Once you are at 100 percent, this requires "Special Monthly Compensation" SMC to get any higher.  So, you should focus on SMC.  

You posted:

His C-File and VA medical records show that he has also been diagnosed with Dementia pugilistica, TBI, PTSD, severe depression, generalized anxiety disorder, debilitating headaches, hearing problems and tinnitus, stiff neck, stiff and sore hands, and sore feet, his ankles sometimes fail, he has lower back issues, and other problems. 

Further, you indicated he was 100 percent for TBI and PTSD.  One way to get SMC S is 100 percent, plus an additional 60 percent seperate and distinct from each other.  However, SMC S is only about an additional 360 per month, and it may not maximize your benefits.  

Instead, lets talk about his dementia for a minute.  Is your husband housebound?  Can he feed himself, dress himself, and tend to the "wants of nature"?  Or is he getting help from you, another family member or someone else for his ADL's (Activities fo daily living)?  If he is getting assistance from others for ADL's, this suggests a higher SMC L (aka Aid and Attendance) 

If he has "loss of use" of his hands, feet, etc., he could be eligible for a higher rating (SMC).  

I suggest you read over these SMC's and see which, if any category he fits into, if any.  

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.350

• HadIt.com Elder

I can't see the DBQ's either.

But if your hubby has loss of use of his hands and feet  he is totally bedridden and relys on others to help him.

I believe he would be eligible for a higher SMC Above the SMC  A&A

Usually the VA will figure this all out  just don't  let them low ball y'all

Check out ASKNOD .ORG site about the Illustration for the SMC's  useing Mr Patato Head.  Alex as a great example as to how the SMC Latter works.