VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Would anyone be willing to look over my husbands new report and DBQs concerning separate ratings for TBI/PTSD A&A Headaches?

Rate this question

Vet Dog and wife

Question

Would anyone be willing to look over my husband’s new report and DBQs concerning separate ratings for TBI/PTSD A&A Headaches? we also posted a lot of his VA claim docs too.

Thank you all very much for all your prior advice. you have helped my husband so much and we truly appreciate all your help.

Edited by Vet Dog and wife
need help

I will try to look over all of the downloads later today-

Have you posted in the downloads, the last decision the VA made on your husband?

If not can you scan and attach it here- I can review it for possible CUE.

Have you formally filed a re opened claim for the separation of the PTSD and TBI-?

If so can we see the actual claim you filed that these DBQs involve? (cover the personal identifying stuff prior to scanning anything you attach here)

In a past post somewhere I mentioned the 6 tests the VA gave my husband to separate his PTSD from his traumatic brain injury due to a Section 1151 stroke.

He was granted 100% SC P & T for PTSD and also 100% P & T for the 1151 stroke. (posthumously)I hope the DBQs covered that medically,in your husband's case,with a full medical rationale.

With 100%solely  for any SC he would be eligible for SMC S consideration.

I assume he does not receive the SMC S award.

The A & A award is a higher level than SMC and depends on medical evidence.

Because my husband could fed himself and button his clothes, the VA did not award A & A, just SMC S under two theories of entitlement.

I accepted the SMC S  and was satisfied with that.The SMC was awarded under a CUE anyhow. The other CUE they awarded was far more important than the A & A to me.

If we have A & A vets here they can help you best with that part of the claim.

If you use our search feature maybe some of those A & A posts will pop up-

And maybe the newest VBM has some new info on A & A- I will check.

I am working on one of the most important issues for veterans that I have ever dealt with.It takes quite a bit of my time.

Edited by Berta
added more

https://community.hadit.com/search/?q=Aid and attendance

There are over 4 thousand posts here on Aid and Attendance. 

The regulations should also be here under a search.

43 minutes ago, Berta said:

Hi Berta,

Thank you so much for your help again

I will try to look over all of the downloads later today- Thank you so much

Have you posted in the downloads, the last decision the VA made on your husband? Yes 1998 was my husbands last decision, and it is also posted above

If not can you scan and attach it here- I can review it for possible CUE. I posted everything above

Have you formally filed a re-opened claim for the separation of the PTSD and TBI-? We filed an intent to file and are getting ready to submit the new evidence.

If so can we see the actual claim you filed that these DBQs involve? (cover the personal identifying stuff prior to scanning anything you attach here) I

In a past post somewhere I mentioned the 6 tests the VA gave my husband to separate his PTSD from his traumatic brain injury due to a Section 1151 stroke.

He was granted 100% SC P & T for PTSD and also 100% P & T for the 1151 stroke. (posthumously)I hope the DBQs covered that medically,in your husband's case,with a full medical rationale. I am not sure if it did, but we could get another report and needed DBQs when we return to the U S

With 100% solely  for any SC he would be eligible for SMC S consideration. Yes, in the past you recommended that

I assume he does not receive the SMC S award. no

The A & A award is a higher level than SMC and depends on medical evidence.

Because my husband could fed himself and button his clothes, the VA did not award A & A, just SMC S under two theories of entitlement.

I accepted the SMC S  and was satisfied with that.The SMC was awarded under a CUE anyhow. The other CUE they awarded was far more important than the A & A to me.

If we have A & A vets here they can help you best with that part of the claim.

If you use our search feature maybe some of those A & A posts will pop up-

And maybe the newest VBM has some new info on A & A- I will check.

I am working on one of the most important issues for veterans that I have ever dealt with.It takes quite a bit of my time. Thank you for all your help for so many veterans Berta. My husband has benefited from your help since around 1998 when you were helping his deceased wife

I hope it will be the help you need.

The very first DBQ I read is excellent.

The doctor made a very good rationale.

TBI is actually a physical disability and PTSD is a MH issue. 

Although secondary PTSD could be due to a TBI, still these involve two separate disabilities.

That medication list is overwhelming.

When my husband took the 6 tests I mentioned, his only meds were HBP ( wrong dose),

Swish and swallow ( for the affects of diabetes to his mouth)- they had not diagnosed him with Agent Orange diabetes mellitus until  10 years after he died.

Also An aspirin a day ( ostensibly to prevent future  heart disease which he didnt even know he already  had )and VA had started a low dose anti-anxiety med.( 1992 or 1993) - his PTSD was only at 30% in his lifetime, since 1983. In addition to that the VA maintained his presciption for 4 times a day dose of pseudoepherine, also part of my FTCA settlement. It was prescribed by VA for 6 years, 4 times a day- for a sinus condition- which I proved to the General Counsel he did not even have.)

The doctor used the same words my husband's doctor used when he reviewed the test results of 6 tests he had given him- and deemed him "catastrophically disabled" by both his PTSD as well as the major stroke he had suffered. The same phrase in the first DBQ.

I have a question at this point -as to the abbreviations on the bottom of this March 6, 2019 exam:

After MD, what does MRC psych, and CCT mean?

I assume you are still overseas and their abbreviations for medical designations might by a little different than what a US doctor would use.

I will review the medication list as well-----it will take time, but I am sure there are more vets than just my husband out there who were given the wrong meds, due to proper failure to treat.

I am sure your husband gets the right medication but some of it might be contraindicated by other meds.

My point is, the VA treated my husband for HBP at a low dose of lisinopril, it should have been much higher, and the Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) contraindicated the lisinoprol -meaning the HBP med had no affect on him and in writing( my 1151 award) the VA admitted that the sudafed, among other deviations, contributed to and caused his death. Also my husband had dementia-from the 1151 stroke-  there was no way he could ever work again.