VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My DBQ for my PTSD claim

Rate this question

tazntaylr

Question

Thanks tazntalyr.  I would say with your DBQ and medical opinion this looks like a 30% rating.

Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity due to such symptoms
as: flattened affect; circumstantial, circumlocutory, or stereotyped speech; panic attacks
more than once a week; difficulty in understanding complex commands; impairment of shortand
long-term memory (e.g., retention of only highly learned material, forgetting to complete
tasks); impaired judgment; impaired abstract thinking; disturbances of motivation and mood;
difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships ........................ 50
Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent
periods of inability to perform occupational tasks (although generally functioning satisfactorily,
with routine behavior, self-care, and conversation normal), due to such symptoms as: depressed
mood, anxiety, suspiciousness, panic attacks (weekly or less often), chronic sleep
impairment, mild memory loss (such as forgetting names, directions, recent events) ................ 30
Occupational and social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency
and ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress, or;
symptoms controlled by continuous medication ........................................................................... 10
A mental condition has been formally diagnosed, but symptoms are not severe enough either to
interfere with occupational and social functioning or to require continuous medication .............. 0

Thank you vetquest. I do have 70% symptoms, but he only marked a few. Not all that I informed him. They are listed in the medical records and lay statements. Hard to get them all listed when he was looking at the clock for the next exam.

If you have the 70% symptoms you can appeal but you would most likely need to go to the BVA and have an IMO.  That gets pricy.  Maybe wait for the award and then pay for an IMO.

While I have more to fight back with, DRO hearing next month from other claim. The first I found I was rated last week was by bank deposit, with a check of e-benefits. PTSD was rated at 70%. Currently rated at 80%. I was denied all my secondary requests to PTSD, but will look into that.

I would like to thank all of you, and information obtained from other sites to help me compile my PTSD claim. 

I was scheduled for a PTSD exam for November 21, 2019, on November 12, 2019. Two days before the exam I get a call stating the provider would not be there on November 21, 2019 that they needed to reschedule me for November 25, 2019 so I agreed. At 7:30AM on November 25, 2019 I showed up to my VA C&P exam. After filling out the intake form I waited for about 5-10 mins before being called back to fill out a 300+ question exam after which I was told to take a seat and the Dr. would be alerted that I was completed. After waiting another 20-30 mins the Dr. called me back for my exam. The Dr. started off very blunt, rushed and somewhat brash. After telling me the process she was going to follow she showed me her computer screen and the window that was open was a computerized DBQ form. I informed the Dr. that I had a DBQ done by my personal non-VA psychiatrist and offered to provide the Dr. a physical copy if she wanted. The Dr. not only declined a copy but proceeded to let me know that she already saw my submitted DBQ and that it was not legal, truthful and was not going to be considered. The Dr. then told me that she has been aware that veterans have the ability to use a service to pay a Dr. to write down anything on the DBQ (sometimes false, rare symptoms) in order that the veteran can get compensation they do not deserve. The Dr. then advised that she was going to conduct a full and legal examination and that she had to gather detailed information regarding my pre and post military service. During the exam the Dr. came of rude and sarcastic while asking me for dates and events that happened in my life from over 20+ years ago. After telling the Dr. many times that I could not provide detailed dates for things that happened in my life from a day ago let alone 20+ years. The Dr. then told me she needed to put something down so I needed to give dates and/or approximates. The Dr. misrepresented a few of my statements and has created a narrative that is not correct and fits her own bias. I felt mentally attacked the whole time in my exam and I felt the Dr. went above and beyond what should have been a normal C&P exam. The Dr. insinuated several times that either she or the VA suspects me of getting a false DBQ (regardless of my VA medical history corroborating my symptoms as well as my diagnosis) and I really felt she was trying her hardest to discredit my claim. After 4 hours of enduring her questioning and interrogation, I was told that we only made it half way through the process and that I needed to come back to finish everything. I left the exam feeling mentally attacked, like the VA and the Dr. are trying to deny my claim instead of looking at it's own medical records as well as my personal records that support my claim. I have complained to the VA hotline, the VA Advocacy line as well as writing a memorandum for record outlining my disagreement of the exam I had be subjected to. I have requested another exam with a different Dr. due to my complaint. The Dr. scheduled the second part of my exam for December 6, 2019 at 8am. Today is December 4, 2019 and I got a call this morning that the Dr. will be sick on Friday December 6, 2019 and that they had to reschedule me. I find this very suspicious as I have complained about this Dr. the day of my exam (November 25, 2019) and now I am being pushed back two more weeks. I am writing to ask any others that have been through this process, Have any of you ever been subjected to a detailed C&P where the examiner asked the exact (or approximate) dates of your Middle and High School, All Employment, All Residential History, All Relationship History and for any major event that happened in your life? My examiner did not accept that I could not remember this information and that I was not told prior to the exam that I needed to have any of the information to provide. 

Thanks,

Alex S.

Your claim is for PTSD....that means you have to have a proven nexus to your service.....meaning a stressor that the VA can verify.( Unless you are a combat veteran with the PH, CIB, or CAR on your DD 214) or an OIF/OEF veteran(incountry)

A stressor is something a veteran can never forget-

Do you have an inservice  stressor that you can remember -

and prove?

You can call the contractor who hired her- LHI, QTC, VES- their contact info is here under a search.- to complain.

"I have complained to the VA hotline, the VA Advocacy line as well "

What VA Hotline and VA advocacy line do you mean?

Maybe you mean the White House Veteran's Hot line?

Those questions, I believe , are standard questions for this type of exam.

Or for the initial intake exam.

Edited by Berta
weather at high altitude