VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% TDIU Not Yet Promulgated, I Need Dental Care

Rate this topic

UPDATE:  I called the VAMC in Shreveport, talked to someone in the dental clinic, she told me to call the business office.  I did, and the young lady there said if I would bring my BVA Decision Letter, she will try to get me approved for dental care.  It's about a 125-mile round trip, so I guess I'll invest the time and gas to see if it works.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/21/2019 at 7:32 PM, acesup said:

UPDATE:  I called the VAMC in Shreveport, talked to someone in the dental clinic, she told me to call the business office.  I did, and the young lady there said if I would bring my BVA Decision Letter, she will try to get me approved for dental care.  It's about a 125-mile round trip, so I guess I'll invest the time and gas to see if it works.

Yikes you got approved in August and are still waiting for it to go into effect? I just got approved and thought it would go into effect next month but this thread has me wondering.

It's now 7 months, 10 days and counting.  With the VA, one never knows when some action may happen, OR NOT.  I'm still waiting.  At least it isn't a matter of IF, only of WHEN.  Maybe they're waiting until the 10-year-anniversary of my claim, which was filed in October of 2009.

But, I'm fortunate.  I have SSDI and my retirement, so my wife and I are not doing without.  One of these days the eagle's gonna shit on me in a BIG way, 10 years of the difference between 70% and SMC(s),  so I'll be okay.

Hope yours goes faster, NFLFan.  It could happen.  Don't get your hopes up too much, but don't give up hope either.  The bottom line is you got approved.  Congrats!