VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will I lose my dental appointments?

Rate this question

iamfrom1984

Question

Hello, I've been on individual unemployability for the last few years. This has allowed me to have several dental appointments during that time. I currently have 2 dental appointments scheduled for May of this year. 

I'm also returning to work within the next few weeks, and will be losing the individual unemployability. This is by choice as I've gotten healthier and want to get back on my feet again. 

Question: Am I going to lose those future dental appointments since by that time I'll be off of individual unemployability? My previous disability percentage is 70% so I won't be eligible anymore.

Or do I get to keep those dental appointments since they were made while I was on IU? 

Thanks in advance

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Good question.  My opinion is that, once "enrolled" in dental care, they wont keep up with your eligibility any more..once eligble, you will remain eligible.  MOST LIKELY:

IF you remain on the job for 12 months and earn at least the poverty level, the VA "may" reduce your TDIU.  I suggest you file the yearly tdiu form, indicating you earned "x" dollars in the past 12 months. 

Remember, tho, the VA has thousands of employees, and they have widely different opinions on Vets.  Which way this goes will likely be the "luck of the draw" as to what decision maker you get.  

I would plan on going to the appoinment until/unless VA cancels it.  

Frankly, i dont think the VA will reduce your TDIU that quick.  The VA moves very, very slowly.  

IF the VA keeps on sending you tdiu even when you told them you were working, I would take the difference between your 70 percent and the 100 percent and put in in an account, because VA may, in a year or 2 "want that back".  That is what they did with me, when I reported I was married and my wife earned money as a nurse so I was no longer eligble for pension.  It took them 2 years to process it, and then wanted money back.