VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I am amaze! Hoping for a great outcome!

Rate this topic

Patton

Oh, I can see that happening but I have read VA court cases in which the Doctor stated that the Veterans weigh problem was directly related to OSA / Medication / etc... With that statement the Veteran won their appeal. So it would be interesting see if they can get it passed. My BMI is between 27 and 29 so if I could lose 10 to 20 pounds, I would be at the weigh they think I should be at. By the way the Doctor that is stating my Sleep Apnea is due to my weigh is obese. So, he had a lot of room to talk. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh yes a lot of claims have been decided because of the Veterans obesity and the VA is going to try to put a stop to it.

in my opinion its a 50/50 deal in some cases.

• HadIt.com Elder

I use to be of a healthy weight  especially after I got out of the military. well because of some of my s.c. conditions/disbility's  that pro-bid me from exercise  such as arthritics and osteoporosis  I can't walk very long or stand  my knees give out..

anyway through out the years lack of exercise and eating way to much I have become morbid obease and its cause some other parts of my body complications .

I have not filed a claim using my obese as a condition  but veterans can use this in helping them decide their claims in there favor.

I think my BMI is 34   morbid obese  at 250.lbs at 6.2'  all in my stomach eh!!!

Right now I weigh 190 at 5'10" and they say that I should weigh 175 pounds. I don't know why I don't weigh a lot more. I am still working but at a desk. I have ankle, knees, hip and back issues that makes it hard to even walk sometimes. It is depressing that I can not be more active.    

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use