VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

One more reason to not use VA health care if you are seeking disability benefits.

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Well it is very hard for some veterans myself included to avoid using VA medical care.  In my case, I have the need for many different medical devices, as well as a handicap van, wheelchair etc that I just cannot get elsewhere. ( No the VA did not buy me a van, but they paid for the conversion which all said and done was over  $34,000 . )  So as I age, the VA treats me for many different issues, of which some become secondary issues to service connected issues.  Trust me when I say I do not like the way the VA treats me all the time, tonight was a good example,  I had a 4:00 appointment for a CT with contrast. I arrived at radiology at 3:30, was called into the x-ray room at 3:40 to be told I had to drink a bottle of solution wait an hour drink another bottle and then have an IV with contrast. I complained that they should have told me to arrive at three if they knew I was going to have to wait an hour before I could actually have the CT done. And the damn CT only literally took 5 minutes.  What a waste of my time, and one guy even stuck me for the IV and missed my vain and had to call a nurse to do it on the other arm... this was a waste of another 30 minutes... I did not get home until 7:00.  I do know that some  VA doctors do not like to give statements for claim purposes, but they must by directive 2000-029 provide a statement if a veteran asks for it. In my experience most doctors will write a statement in the records. 

Charlie sorry you are having a hard time getting some issues resolved I know how that feels.....