VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision / VA.GOV

Rate this question

Lrlrlrk

Question

I filed for 8 items back in October. I had my last C&P's Jan 21st and VA Received the results on the 25th of Jan. Since its been 30 days, I logged on and checked my status and noticed the "request for decision" option was gone and the wording on one of the requests (under documents filed) changed. Has anyone experienced this? possible decision coming sooner than later? thanks in advance!

LR

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It basically says you have nothing else to submit and bypasses the fixed hold periods that are established for sending in new information. I dont know if it speeds it up or not, but it at least feels like it. Ive done it the last few times ive filed. It didnt negatively affect anything, but if you think you will at any point have more information to send it don't do it. 

I clicked it back on Jan 28 for my FDC claimbband now lists a 5103 under documents and says still processing. My estimated completion was Feb.5 and have been in prep for a decision since Dec 18 no movement with one issue on the for SMC. So not sure it means anything more then a wishful thinking 🤔 

• Lead Moderator

From what I understand it does not speed it up as it would only affect the first 30 days. I gives a feel good feeling to hit that button and to think it speeds it up. 

It could still go back to gathering of info and then back again. So it is anyone’s guess how long. Just check back once a week to see if there is any movement. 

I love the accuracy of these systems!

VA.gov last week said 10/29/2019. Changed to 6/10/2019. It also says in Evidence Gathering, Review and Decision.

EBenefits (first time i really looked at this site) - Says Estimated Completion: 04/11/2019 - 06/10/2019. Also says pending decision approval.

Left hand not talking to right hand... and we are asking for a disability rating 🤔