VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

tdiu dismissed as moot

Rate this question

Curious A

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I would understand this to mean that they decided TDIU was not necessary.  Are you currently employed?

If you are currently employed and earning above the poverty level you cannot get TDIU.  They make it tough.  It took ten years after I lost my job due to a doctors letter to get TDIU.  They kept saying that I was still employable.  If you quit your last job they look at this a voluntary so they will not award TDIU.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you were TDIU They must kept on reading your medical records and  looked at all your S.C. Disability's or Disability and you meet the criteria for the 100% making the TDIU Moot.

which is a better rating you can work with a 100% scheduler rating  were TDIU you can't work  as Vetquest Mention

Actually you now have a better rating   (jmo)

The same thing happend to me, when I was awarded 100 percent:  They dismissed my tdiu as "moot".  I appealed, arguing it was NOT moot because:

1.  An award of tdiu "could" result in Smc S, under Bradley vs Peake.  And

2.  An award of tdiu "could" result in an earlier effective date for benefits.  

The board, when I made it back, agreed with me that TDIU was "not moot" in my case.  You could appeal, but BVA cases are not precedential so they may or may not decide yours the same as your case is different from mine.  

The term "moot" means there is no point in it..it wont increase your benefits either way.  

• HadIt.com Elder

TDIU P&T Veterans can be eligible for SMC -S H.B.

They will need to meet the SMC Criteria with a TDIU P&T Rating   even if they got TDIU P& T With a combined rating   say 70%or 80% 90%combined rating.

if they get a TDIU P&T Rating  and  file for another separate S.C. Condition and is awarded 60% or higher   he then meets the SMC Criteria. usually for SMC S H.B. 

this gives the Veteran a 100% final degree rating.

The only thing I 'm not sure about is rather or not the TDIU P&T IS Moot at this point? 

I would think it would be Moot.

Edited by Buck52