VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Private surgeon vs C&P NP

Rate this question

ed33

Question

Hi everyone,  

I've got a question about when my personal surgeons opinion differs from what the C&P nurse puts in her report. I recently went for a C&P exam and it was clear from the start that she was very unfamiliar with the entire process. I was walking her through the entire DBQ and telling her what to put down as the answers. Let's say she doesn't write up favorable findings, will they take the opinion over my personal doctor who wrote up a very detailed and favorable NEXUS letter?

Also, is she required to write up an opinion about her findings? she never asked me anything about why I thought it should be service connected or about my history. She said all she does is fill out the form and send it in without an opinion on anything. Is it possible the rater already established service connection with my prior evidence, and the exam was to just establish a rating?

Thanks for the input

4 minutes ago, Berta said:

It appears you claimed acne. This is a recent decision freom the BVA.The veteran had evidence in his SMRs of the acne, treatment for it, and did not have any acne when he entered the service.

He also had an IMO from a dermatologist.

https://www.va.gov/vetapp18/files8/18125095.txt

no thats not me. that was just somebody else that commented about their own case

OH! Thank you for correcting me right away!!!!

You should do OK with this claim! 

They better consider your medical opinion !

I apologise that I thought the scars were from acne-

Scar ratings are found in that BVA decision above ,I think, and in the VA Schedule of Ratings here  under that topic.

I believe MANY vets have skin cancer from long weeks in the sun during service and might not even know that it can be service connected as to the residuals.

3 minutes ago, Berta said:

OH! Thank you for correcting me right away!!!!

You should do OK with this claim! 

They better consider your medical opinion !

I apologise that I thought the scars were from acne-

Scar ratings are found in that BVA decision above ,I think, and in the VA Schedule of Ratings here  under that topic.

I believe MANY vets have skin cancer from long weeks in the sun during service and might not even know that it can be service connected as to the residuals.

great. I appreciate all of the info. I will keep you posted when I get my copy of my C&P exam. I'll be curious to see what it says.