VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA granted appeal for service connection. Now what?

Rate this question

jgump

Question

BVA granted my appeal for service connection. How long should I expect to wait for my rating to be implemented with my effective date? My C&P was already done during the initial claims process. 

Thanks for any help!

Edited by jgump
Grammar fix

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Congratulations!   

Now comes the waiting.  I have seen BVA "implementations" take from 3 weeks to 3 years.  (I actually had both these extremes personally).  

Currently the Board has sped up its processing, and the VARO's have slowed down (if that is possible!!!) . Part of the problem is that several VARO's are "closed" as an AOJ, and now process HLR, SCL etc., and Im unsure if they are efficient with a national que with ramp implementations like they do with HLR's SCL's etc.  

Its highly unlikely you get a deposit "before" you get a VARO implementation decsion letter, but that has happened also.  

Good luck to you, sorry we cant tell you how long it will take..no one else can either.  VA takes "as long as they want"..there are never deadlines for VA..only for Veterans.  If we miss a nod deadine by one second, we will get a denial 100% of the time.  However, VA is allowed to take years or even decades, with no accountability.  Its insane.  Social security initial apps are virtually always done in 90 days.  I applied in 2002, and I have YET to get a decision on one issue for the period 2002-2004.  The VA says they lost it.  

I’m going on 6 months on one grant, with no word or rating yet..it’s just a waiting game tbh. It could go speedy quick or slow as pond water. 

I have been bombarding them with IRIS questions every week just to piss them off but, as u can see nothing yet as resulted in that..lol

sit back and enjoy the show.