VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VSO Called Today

Rate this topic

Lrlrlrk

My rating came out to 70%. Several 0% and a couple "no's". 1 item is deferred. I did not see a letter on eBenefits. She said it was dated at the beginning of the week. eBen said "pending decision approval" with an estimate date of April-June. I guess that is due to the deferred item? She said to check the mail... nothing received. She said check my bank account because they pay out on the 1st... nothing. I have some issues that were not on this claim (1 major item that I recently ended up in the ER for and off work a couple days). Their advice was to wait until this deferred item was done. So, here is a couple questions and some advice to others:

1. The VA accepted my claim in October. Will I get paid November-March all at once? 

2. Does the deferment mean another C&P or just additional time for them to decide?

Advice:

As prior military we are taught to complete the mission, fight to the end, never give up. Do exactly that! I tried to put a claim in right after I got out 10 years ago. The county VA where I lived at the time told me it was impossible because I did not receive a rating when I got out and needed to see civilian Dr's etc (even though I was only out 1 month...) I couldn't see Dr's because I had no insurance and was a full time student. She said get a job, get insurance and come back. Long story short she and the county director were eventually removed from their positions. Eight years later new county and new VSO. I stopped by and inquired. She said sit down we are starting a claim right now! Be patient with them and the VA. CHeck the websites 100 times if it makes you feel better, but it will only drive you Crazy! Get on this site and read others stories. Have faith and wait for the light to show at the end of the tunnel. At your C&P's, be genuine and honest. Whether its the VA or a contractor... They know the story. Help them help you! I had 1 C&P with the VA and the rest were with QTC. I walked in to my last C&P's (with QTC) armed and dangerous. I had every document organized and separated for each condition. They really commented on how organized I was. I even took official photographs with me from different time periods to show various condition at different stages. It helps! Again, help them help you! First impression is a lasting one correct? Make sure what they are writing down is an accurate picture!I was really irritated at my first C&P when the VA only saw me for one condition. I went in there with no ammo in hand per se. I thought i was going to be seen for everything. That issue was secondary in my opinion to my major issues. SHe kept saying we're not here to talk about those issues, only about this one... I walked out of there saying that was only practice for the next one... Take my advice. Read other peoples stories and ask questions. It will only make things easier. Relax, there is no magic button that anyone can press to hurry the process. Its like being in boot camp sometimes. HUrry up and wait. Do they really need me to treat me like this? Will it ever end? At this point, you know those answers.

Thanks so much for sharing, answering and supporting. My story isn't done, but I hope this helps someone. 

LR

Good advice and you did well with the 70%! 

Will I get paid November-March all at once? "

Possibly - actually probably-but that might well depend on the deffered issue- as to the retro-

and perhaps, since the VA awarded 70%, and if they know you are unemployed, they might enclose a TDIU form with the decision, and be deffering TDIU- paid at the 100% rate.

Still- it is difficult to know what the VA will do.......but you have done well so far.

You were willing to get your ducks in a row and you armed them with evidence!

Photos , in some situations, can be Great evidence as well.

You said the QTC commented on how organized you were.....that can make life easier for them to actually prepare a good C & P result.

Organization not only helps us keep our focus , it also alleviates the stress of looking for something in an organized stack...or , in many cases, we have lots more than just one stack.

When I started out with my claims, my claims involved my husband's sudden death,- I was in shock and grief stricken, and my mind would wander and I would forget what VA med rec or document I was looking for- ---nevertheless I kept looking to find what I forgot , so that I didnt waste time.:wacko:

I learned that,once I started the Manila folder route, I needed often to make copies of some records to put into different manila folders.My husband's VA med recs held no page numbers ( maybe med recs do now?) so I did make sure I kept those records in the proper sequence, the way they came from VA.

It was imperative to do that in my case, because I had to determine what I call here, as the "paper trail "of VA negligence/malpractice." It can have a domino affect.

Also since that involved a subsequent EED for AO IHD Nehmer 2010, I knew the EED was solid, and was 6 years prior to his death.

iI tabbed every folder but then I wrote on the cover what was in each one.

I still do that and am still a claimant.

Congrats- this is Great news !!!!! and Great advice!!!!

Berta, I am not unemployed. As a matter of fact one of the C&P states that I am currently working. I was just wondering if they  paid while they were working on the deferred or if I was going to have to wait until that is completed. 

Lesson to be learned. Just like Broncovet said: eBenefits is unreliable. According to the VSO she was reading my letter off to me, but yet eBen has nothing. Still waiting for decision approval according to eBen...

"Berta, I am not unemployed. As a matter of fact one of the C&P states that I am currently working. "

This is why we have to get errors in C & P exams corrected right away-this could affect a TDIU consideration in a very negative way.

You can complain to IRIS at the main VA web site, or

complain to QTC or whatever contractor outfit did the exam, or you can complain to the White House Hot Line, 1-855-948-2311

Or do ALL of the above!

Do you get SSDI?

If so, is it solely for what the 70%SC  is for now?

If so does VA know that?

The letter will tell more about what they are deferring.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use