VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro & Comp payment deposited to closed account

Rate this question

McM3304

Question

Hello hopefully someone can give info that has experienced this. I filed back in august 2018 when i became very ill long story short after test and minor operation I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Sarcoidosis affecting my lungs,lymph nodes and kidney due to long exposure to Burn Pits while serving in kirkuk iraq O.I.F 1 and 2. I was awarded my claim 70% for ptsd and 100% for Sarcoidosis. The Banking info i forgot to update after i closed the account back in October 2018. My Retro & Comp was sent to that account on Feb 28th 2019 and March 1 2019 which i had no idea because i was waiting for decision letter which arrived March 2 2019 in the mail. i updated my banking info March 3 2019 it does not show any returned payments through the ebenefits site but i contacted the bank which the payment was sent to closed account and the customer support person told me that he sees the deposits were attempted but were also refused and returned the same days. I have tried to contact the ebenefits payment number to get info but the automated help tells me the call volume is to high and try again later is there any other option to contact someone and get this sorted out or will it automatically resend  the back pay and monthly compensation to the new banking info.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Well, the first thing you need to do is update your ebenefits account with your new banking information.  Did you do that??  It "may" work itself out that way, but this should be a red flag to others:  

Keep your banking information up to date on ebenefits!!!

20 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Well, the first thing you need to do is update your ebenefits account with your new banking information.  Did you do that??  It "may" work itself out that way, but this should be a red flag to others:  

Keep your banking information up to date on ebenefits!!!

yes ive updated my banking info yesterday  i just wish the va wouldve sent a head ups email about the upcoming deposit so that people would have time to make any last minute changes if needed i was under the impression that it would take up to a month or more for the final decision to be made after the final exam but in this instance my payment was sent days before i got the letter that i had been approved for my claim.

4 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

You must update that ASAP!  They can/will pay to your new info. After you change it I would call Debby and see if they can help. 

Who are what is Debby this is my first claim process 

Update. So i called the 1800 number and the rep was able to put me in contact with the U.S Treasury who gather all my info and gave me the tracing number to call my bank and give to them. So i called chase again with the tracing number to find out they where still holding my back pay and my 1st monthly payment that were deposited to the closed account on Feb 28th which i have no i idea why when its such a large amount the bank rep told me that it would be returned today March 7th to the U.S Treasury . Im a bit relieved now that  have finally gotten some info the V.A rep said that once the Treasury receives the funds they should look to see if any new account change has taken place and send it there or they mail just mail out a check to my home address.