VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got 60% for CHF diagnosis which puts me at 100. How likely that they will reduce it?

Rate this question

Jzalesky

Question

Hey everyone, Sorry if this is not in the right spot. So heres my question. I have been a dealing with Ulcerative Colitis for a long time now which I have gotten various disability ratings for it. The past 4 years I have pretty much not been able to work normally and had to shut my business down etc. Last year was a bad one as they kept having to try new meds and spent over 1 month in the hospital for a bad flare up. I have been rated at 90 percent for about 6 months starting last year. Well due to being on several medications it was found that I had congestive heart failure most likely due to medication. I am only 38. Because of this I was giving a 60 percent rating and now rated at 100 percent. Now with this said since I am young the plan is to hopefully control it with medication and lifestyle changes. So if my symptoms get better or improve what is the likelihood that they will reduce my CHF down to 10 percent. With the meds my injection faction should get better over time or so they think but I will be on meds for life. Was curious if anyone has had experience with this and if this will be a short term win on the rating or should I expect if for life. It does not say anywhere on any of my rates that they are perm and some of them are over 10 years. Anyway just wanted your thoughts. Whats sad is im only rated 30 percent with UC and they did not approve my request to update it a year ago and its what keeps me from working due to the fact I need a bathroom every hour and cant travel easily since I cant hold it like normal. They just saw I added the heart failure and instantly made the decision based on that because it bumped me to 100 percent. Even my doctors at the VA are puzzled by it lol.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Well, I dont know your symptoms, but you do.  So you can read the critieria yourself and decide:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.344

It depends, in no small part, how long you have been rated, and are you P and T.  I dont know these things, my crystal ball is on the blink, right now.