Jump to content
  • 0

Received the denial


jfrei

Question

They said my level of S is all I’m entitled they said they used my 21-2680 as evidence. But when they denied the aid and attendance claim they just defined what it is cited none of the form my doctor filled out and then for the favorable findings in the decision none at this time. What do they call the 21-2680 for my doctor filled out as negative? This game is so over repetitive 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

So I have filed for an increase for the AA three times and each one they had only one piece of the puzzle never review all three for my claim at one two different 21-2680 and one aid attendance C and P never were grouped together for anyone of their decisions. The woman I spoke with said I should filed a supplemental review cite the relevant evidence as my best bet for a real decision. She then said I can also ask for an EED for my migraines also cite the relevant evidence to get it backdated to 2010 even though it was SC until 2016 through an appeal. Glad I’ve kept all my paperwork just putting it together. Anyone have any thoughts about the supplemental review is their a way to just have it sent to the BVA since the RO is petty and useless?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Moderator

Like other stuff, its controversial.   The new SCL is pretty much the same as the old DRO, except Alex says that they got more people to do SCL who are less qualified.  

You have about a 15 percent chance, IMHO of approval at the VARO regardless if its a new claim, supplemental claim, DRO, increase, etc.  About 85 percent are denied.  

So, will you be one of the 15 percent and save the time and energy to go to the BVA?  I dont know.  Part of it depends on "the luck of the draw".  That is, did you get a Veteran friendly decision maker or not?  

Usually, at the BVA they can read, where not so much at the VARO.  

For me, I think its worth going to the SCL and not going directly to the BOard.  One reason is, its one more bite at the apple and another chance to suceed.  You simply need to keep trying until you suceed.  You quit and you lose.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

So I think that’s my best choice Supplemental claim, at least i will be able to see the reason for a denial when they have all evidence collected together to issue the new decision to me just sounds like a new name for what was a reopened claim. This new system is maddening you master one way and they switch everything to confuse us veterans all over again. Again they should tell vets when the monies to high we can grant you your false hopes 

Edited by jfrei (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines