VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

timeline

Rate this question

Chrys86

Question

Hey Guys

I know this is probably asked like a million times over and over again but anyone know how long initial claims are taking to process? Im kind of going stir crazy. I filed December 10th 2018, I had my C&P exams on Jan. 18th. On Feb 21st they closed a request for information stating "No longer needed" (What does that even mean) And I have been sitting at gathering evidence ever since.

I read over my exams and everything seems favorable so I know a rating is coming, just wondering when I could see the next step happening.  

32 minutes ago, Chrys86 said:

Hey Guys

I know this is probably asked like a million times over and over again but anyone know how long initial claims are taking to process? Im kind of going stir crazy. I filed December 10th 2018, I had my C&P exams on Jan. 18th. On Feb 21st they closed a request for information stating "No longer needed" (What does that even mean) And I have been sitting at gathering evidence ever since.

I read over my exams and everything seems favorable so I know a rating is coming, just wondering when I could see the next step happening.  

What does your nexus of opinion say near the bottom of your C&P exams; if they were done at a VA facility?

I suggest you stay off ebenefits and vets.gov (I've gone crazy too, so you're not the first or last. It's normal).

The only accurate updates are when you see an increase or no change in your disability percentage in ebenefits OR  when you receive your granted or denial letter in your mail.

Hope that answers your question.

Best wishes on your claim.

33 minutes ago, doc25 said:

What does your nexus of opinion say near the bottom of your C&P exams; if they were done at a VA facility?

I suggest you stay off ebenefits and vets.gov (I've gone crazy too, so you're not the first or last. It's normal).

The only accurate updates are when you see an increase or no change in your disability percentage in ebenefits OR  when you receive your granted or denial letter in your mail.

Hope that answers your question.

Best wishes on your claim.

I called and apparently they're still waiting on my personal records and that is it, annoying though. I had three different exams and they all have "at leastly like as not" as far as a nexus is concerned, the exam for my PTSD is pointing towards 70% as well but Im preparing to be denied since I hear majority of initial claims are denied 😞

17 minutes ago, Chrys86 said:

I called and apparently they're still waiting on my personal records and that is it, annoying though. I had three different exams and they all have "at leastly like as not" as far as a nexus is concerned, the exam for my PTSD is pointing towards 70% as well but Im preparing to be denied since I hear majority of initial claims are denied 😞

"At least as likely as not" (equal to or greater than 50% probability). Meaning your were given favorable nexus of opinions.

Had you received "Less likely than not" (less than 50% probability) it wouldn't look good.

Hopefully, you receive the proper ratings and not get low-balled.

Best wishes.

• HadIt.com Elder

What are you filing for?

can you put a redacted copy of your C&P Exam on here? cover /black out your name and claim #

Members can better help you if they see your C&P Report And what your filing for?

• HadIt.com Elder

Quote from     Chrys86

''On Feb 21st they closed a request for information stating "No longer needed" (What does that even mean) And I have been sitting at gathering evidence ever since''

.It means they have enough evidence to make a decision  so I hope you sent in your evidence to prove your claim(obviously) you did?

it may still say gathering evidence   they just have not upgraded your ebenfits  it may say that to the end  and you get your decision.

Just from what I read in your post   it sounds favorable but I have no Ideal what you will be rated.

Edited by Buck52

2 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Quote from     Chrys86

''On Feb 21st they closed a request for information stating "No longer needed" (What does that even mean) And I have been sitting at gathering evidence ever since''

.It means they have enough evidence to make a decision  so I hope you sent in your evidence to prove your claim(obviously) you did?

it may still say gathering evidence   they just have not upgraded your ebenfits  it may say that to the end  and you get your decision.

Just from what I read in your post   it sounds favorable but I have no Ideal what you will be rated.

Ill try and upload my exam for PTSD in a moment as soon as I find it. The gentleman on the phone said they still needed my personal records but yes I submitted everything else for the claim with the help of a VSO. 

As far as what i filed for.

PTSD, Migraines, Vertigo, Tinnitus, Syncope, Hearing Loss, right shoulder, hip, knee, ankle injury.