VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Facebook and the VA

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

So, today, I get an email from the VA telling me there is a Facebook live event today with the VA at 1pm..

Now, mind you, I am not "anti" government, rather quite pro-government,

However, I am anti-Facebook.  They will mine your computer and its use without you knowing it and use it for purposes that you may not agree with.

I said this to my wife about 5 years ago when I saw the expansion of Facebook into regular order.  Just like my parents had to get a checking account to get their Social Security.  They lived into their 70's without any bank accounts.  My dad was upset that they had to get an account to get their deposits, etc.,

So I believe within the next 10 years, everyone will have to have a Facebook account in order to get their SS or VA benefits.

It's coming, hold on,

Hamslice

The VA has no business having a Facebook account. Period. Facebook is a private entity. VA money is going to Facebook.  Nothings free..

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It might arrive at some point. However, I don't believe we will see a hard requirement to have a Facebook account in order to log onto government benefit sites. I would assume they would probably go the route of having an "option" to use FB to login. I for certain never use the FB login options when accessing other sites. I use FB to login to FB only.

As long as it does not evolve into China's oppressive social credit system...