VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Posting on Social media (facebook) .

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

4 answers to this question

Good point, but also noted in the article is that because a person posts a picture on a 'date' that doesn't mean thats when the picture was taken. Also, there are a lot of us that have varying degrees of difficulty doing a lot of things, but its not like we're all bedridden. I don't think that my Facebook post after a 5 mile walking interval treadmill workout at 2.5 mph should be suddenly bringing me up for review, especially if that walk took me an two  and a half hours or more in spurts to do. Do you want me obese and unhealthy, or at least trying to do something physically within my ability to do? Now, obviously if I post after running a halfsey, or dead lifting 200 lbs, then definitely, come after me, I deserve it. But still,  a snapshot on social media shouldn't be seen as a driver pointing towards fraud unless there are other factors playing into it- frequency of postings of said activities, whatever they are, and that those activities are outside of the bounds of the stated disability, for example. 

I DO know that when I was appealing SSDI, my potential attorney called me on the phone as asked why, if I had chronic depression, pain, and anxiety, why was I playing guitar in a bar band on X, Y, Z dates? She, like the potential for this article's supporters whomever they may be, failed to note that the posts were historical in nature on FB, and Youtube, and predated when I had higher ratings for said issues. But she used the example to make a point that even if the posts WERE not indicative of trying to rob Peter to pay Paul (me) that counsel for the SS administration might be pulling up the same things, and she advised me to scrub such things should I decide to continue pursuing possible representation by her because it put me on the defensive from the get go. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

It is a difficult thing to decide if someone is disabled.   I am under doctors orders to lose weight.  I did two hours of Tai Chi today and then worked out.  What someone not watching me would not know is the pain that these activities caused me.  I have learned to work through the pain.  Several different kinds of pain were the result,  burning in my extremities and a migraine.  Nowadays I sometimes struggle with the question of whether I am still disabled.  I remember the pain and the mental fog though.  That and the fact I would need to be retrained to reenter the workforce.  It is a complex world out there.

Edited by vetquest

Awesome! Great workout. I used to practice Uechi karate and even the simple kata in those, because of the breathing exercises during the kata, could wind you. I love the look of tai chi but there aren't a lot of places here that teach it or do it on a regular basis- its more of a showcase item. The University where my son attends has a group but its for students only. Ive briefly considered aikido, but I couldn't handle the falls and what not and paying class tuition just for kata seems a bit ridiculous at the prices many of the (few) local dojos charge. Ive looked at some Dvds but I haven't found a practitioner I gel with yet. Some of them are really hokey with the guy in the wing chun gi accompanied by pan flute type stuff, and it just seems exploitive or something. I keep waiting for motion capture to catch up to the point where I could run a tai chi simulation on my Xbox One or something and have it map and follow my movements and gauge me on accuracy and form. Thats awhile off I think, though. 

well if they haven't done anything to the guy who was on quest for Kona, is the president of a non profit, runs triathalons and gives leadership and motivational speeches and has been deemed incompetent by SS and his wife is being paid at the top tier of caregiver by the VA , I highly doubt the rest of us have anything to worry about unless you are bsing the system.