VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

eye requirment for auto grant?

Rate this question

LeroyJohnson

Question

I am service connected in one eye.  I have the documentation showing that I am legally blind in both eyes . My question is do I need to be service connected in both eyes to qualify for the grant? I can't seem to find any info that states both eyes must be serviced to qualify. I do meet the requirements needed for grant as far as being blind is concerned  but was denied for only having one eye service connected.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

thanks for your answer I do have more info that I did not state with my post but was hoping that If I could find where it states whether or not you must be service connected for both eyes or not might be the easiest way to file. The second part of the eye story is (for the eye that is not service connected) back in 2014 I was diagnosed with 6th cranial nerve damage it lasted for 2 years(I am service connected for diabetes) I was also at the same time of the damage was diagnosed with MG . 3 doctors at the time said that the 6th cranial nerve damage was likely due to diabetes  one doctor said it was likely due to MG. last year when I applied for a auto grant I got denied as I have already explained. after the denial  I was given a C&P in which the doctor stated that it was more likely than not more than 50% due to diabetes.it took three months for the denial in which the VA stated that the doctor after having given his opinion wrote an addendum (after three months) and stated he gave the wrong opinion that in 2014 he had stated that the damage was likely caused by MG .I am not sure on how to appeal this.  I was hoping to just be able to find somewhere where it states whether or not both eyes have to be service connected.  I  thought that might be easier than arguing  the preponderance of evidence (3 doctors saying likely due to diabetes) 1 C&P doctor stating an opinion of both once in 2014 of MG then in 2018 during the C&P in favor of diabetes. as you can see I really don't  know  have a clue how to fight this.

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe James Cripps got grant for an auto with special equipment.

He some times is on the Hadit PODCAST SHOW with Jerrel and John

he mention what all he had to do to get the Special Auto Grant.

If I remember correctly  it was fairly simple.

Ms T does have achieves of these shows  but it was a while back he mention this,  so you may need to go back a couple years in the Archives of the hadit podcast shows.