VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

eye requirment for auto grant?

Rate this question

LeroyJohnson

Question

I am service connected in one eye.  I have the documentation showing that I am legally blind in both eyes . My question is do I need to be service connected in both eyes to qualify for the grant? I can't seem to find any info that states both eyes must be serviced to qualify. I do meet the requirements needed for grant as far as being blind is concerned  but was denied for only having one eye service connected.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hers is James Cripps Webb site

http://usva101.org/

you can contact him there.(ask quesations about the AUTO GRANT)

He is very pleasant to talk with and very very helpful.

• HadIt.com Elder
  1. An open response box!  

Leroy, there are recent CAFC precedence opinions that put you in good light for going for even CUE under your circumstances connected to diabetes.  The adjudicator only looked at the one exam to make the decision.  The CAVC or BVA shouldn't side with the adjudicator given the recent decisions.  I'll look through my file and come back and attach the decisions on an edit if I can get the box back open.

Didn't fin the one I was looking for but these may help with your decision of which way to go.

17-2120.Opinion.3-13-2019 relevant med records.pdf 18-1344.Opinion.3-13-2019 relevant diagnosis.pdf 18-1484.Opinion.2-14-2019.pdf

Edited by Lemuel
provide attachments

This is the requirement for the grant when it concerns vision:

• Permanent decreased vision in both eyes: 20/200 vision or less in your better eye with glasses, or greater than 20/200 vision but with a visual field defect that has reduced your peripheral vision to 20 degrees or less in your better eye, 

Both eyes must be service connected or you will not qualify for the grant