VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service treatment records

Rate this question

wes44

Question

Will the va deny my claim because i have no service treatment records? I wasnt treated inservice for my schizophrenia and ptsd.  The treatment didnt come until after service and i already sent them those records. 

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Lead Moderator

So a little more background.  did you serve in combat?  Is your ptsd related to the war/s?  Are you rated for anything?

Broncovet is correct you need to get your treatment records, as you would be surprised what was put in there.  There could be an opinion given from a doctor or someone that saw you (this is their job).  To start this fight you need to have those records or you are fighting blindfolded with both hands tied behind your back.  

I did not serve in combat and my ptsd isnt related to a war.  Its related to something that happened in training.  Im currently not rated fot anything.  I just need to know will not having my records affect my chances of getting approved and is there anything else i can give them to make up for my records, because i dont know how to obtain my records. 

• HadIt.com Elder

You will need your military records  if you had an event in service that was the cause or related to your PTSD  , Also you need a diagnose for PTSD from the VA. the  Diagnosis needs to come from a VA MH Doc

You can use Buddy letters that was there with you that witness the event  date and location and the event its self.

Here is a link to the National Records Personal Center (Archives)

https://www.searchencrypt.com/search?eq=YhVk8EKBqm10SkKaEtuV%2B4D66RCzmSOqIRPc0tJT6OpW1YBTwwCJOi9Vg2deEZOY3ivM%2FCjD8Grpa3SOSP19

and the caluza triangle ,  three things needed. for service connection.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1130361425104&ca=d43e486c-58f4-4b05-81d5-a11715040789

Edited by Buck52