VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA not addressing I.T. issues

Rate this question

SPO

Question

Not sure if I'm making to big of a deal of of this, but I have been consistently following that status of my claim and for at least the past 2-3 months there has been an IT issues preventing the VSR from moving forward with my claim.  The IT department has been made aware of the problem, but nothing has been done.  I've been informed that the VSR has been checking the file on the suspense date. Emails have been sent to the regional office to remind them of the issues, but no results yet.  Is there anything I can do to push this issue, or am I completely  at the mercy of the VA?  Also I get a variety of answers on what the issue is, whether they are trying to close an exam, or create a new one.  No one seems to actually know what is going on.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You posted, 

No one seems to actually know what is going on.

The VA does seem to know how to throw billions of dollars at the IT department, they just dont know how to keep from squandering it.  

Here is the way it works:

VA tells congress they need 4 billion for a new computer system.  

Congress gives them the money.  

When VA fails to deliver AGAIN, they tell congress they need more money. 

Congress gives em more money.  

The VA fails again, and again, the VA says they need more money.

Do you see the pattern here??   Corruption inside the VA allows VA to give contracts to "friends and family" without accountability...so Vets suffer and contractors for VA get richer.  Its been going on unabated for decades.  But..VA has a solution, right?  More money.  

Now I'm trying figure out if the problem has been fixed and the VSR just hasn't gotten back to my file.  The people at the call center are pretty much guessing and I've heard about 10 different versions of whats going on.  For some background, they requested a medical opinion, received it, reviewed it, it went to decision (so I was told, never saw for myself).  Now comes the IT error, they were trying to either create a new request for exam, or close the old one (the old one still shows as processing on va.gov).  The part I can't verify is if its an in person exam or not.  The computer hasn't allowed them to finish the request.  One person mentioned that it may be an administrative request, possibly for internal use. Does anyone know if thats even a thing?

Gotta love the VA.  My exam for new medication was completed and two weeks later the VA called to reschedule me because they said I did not show up for the examination.

Followed up today and IT still hasn't touched the issue and its been over a month now.  Should I write in a complaint through IRIS to maybe get an answer/results?

I finally got ahold of someone who was willing to do a little digging.  It turns out that the contractor who was supposed to do the medical opinion return a blank form, so it appeared to the VSR that the exam was complete.  It went up for decision and thats when they realized there was nothing there, and at that point they tried to make a new exam to get someone else to do it.  That's when the IT problem came in, they were unable to create the new exam.  It appears that it may be fixed, the rep I talked to said they had been working in my file, but no new request yet.   He said he messaged the RO to get answers and have them let me know whats going on.  Hopefully on the road forward.  Thoughts?