VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

tension headaches (Increase), sleep apnea (related to: PTSD - Combat) (Reopen)

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Lead Moderator

I put this claim in last year and I put a lot of effort into getting all the right information/studies/statements and it is very interesting to me how many times this has gone from pending decision approval to review of evidence.  in the last two months it has done this 6 or 7 times.  The reason I am bringing this up is I have seen it do this one time in the past and then go on through the phases.  I know you cannot trust what the site says, but why would it keep going back and forth so much?  

They typically just deny it and let it go onto someone else to deal with it.  They also asked a question for clarification for something.  Just wondered if anyone else had this experience?

5 answers to this question

The transition from legacy to RAMP is not a smooth one.  Its kind of like moving from one state to another..stuff gets lost, and something goes wrong most of the time.  You know..baggage gets lost, delays in getting into new home, weather delays, job issues, cars break down, utility transfers, and more.  

The date portion is probably "software generated".  If you look at the weather report, you will see that it often changes.  

My advice:  Dont worry about it.  What ebenefits says about the date is insignificant, and it will be still less significant after you get your decision.  When you drive somewhere, you often dont know if there will be traffic delays, weather delays, etc.  

I understand your frustration. My claim was slotted to be complete on March 7. My estimated completion date went from March 29 to April 29 to May 5 within 5 business days. On Friday, my new estimated completion date is April 4. Broncovet must be right, it’s generated automatically off some algorithm.

I’ve called up to the VA’s 1800 number and asked them for more information. It’s hit or miss but 1 out of 2 people up there have been helpful and provided me with information that I couldn’t see on va.gov. 

Nothing wrong with paying attention to your claim but just know you have no control over the VA. You can only drive yourself crazy and many of us can not afford any further stress. 

Of course, they dont care if we understand the logic or not.   However, take the hint:

If they are asking for clarification of the fibromyalgia, give that to them or expect to be denied.  

• Lead Moderator
2 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Of course, they dont care if we understand the logic or not.   However, take the hint:

If they are asking for clarification of the fibromyalgia, give that to them or expect to be denied.  

Yep I just thought it was strange.