VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

residuals of a tbi aid and attendance

Rate this question

mmsmms123

Question

I am rated 100% for ptsd depression and residuals of a tbi and 100% for post traumatic epilepsy. i applied for an increase in aid and attendance/ housebound (new) and it just changed to just SMC aid and attendance (new) is that a good sign for smc t i have been in preparation for dec for 3 weeks

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

WILL BE AN INTERESTING DECISION ? 

PLEASE LET US KNOW  WHAT THEY DECIDED? 

I had the same thing 3 different times I don’t want to be a Debbie downer all three times turned down only rated SMC S. Just wait for the decision...sometimes if you go under compensation and you click the benefits on the side tab it tells you if your rated benefits such as Education for dependants and what your current SMC level is I knew my was denied for a higher rated since my rated date changed but level was the same

Edited by jfrei

i am hoping they look at all my evidence i have one from a va occupational therapist say in an exam that i need help with mobility grooming and bathing grooming  the bathing and grooming for the seizures i am rated at 100% for seizures because an eeg recorded them with a long term monitoring and had 2 within the first 12 hours and that was two years ago so my wife asked my neurologist to diagnose me with epilepsy so than he told her that it was ridiculous that i have never been rated so he wrote a letter and submitted it to the va he is the neurologist teacher at uw and the top attending in seattle so that was last march he submitted it so i was rated at 40% seizures 70% ptsd 10% for aboth ankles.10% because during the blast during the second ied that destroyed my stryker lifted my stomach up an caused a hernia than 10% for skin when.i got out in 2012 as a sgt they gave me iu. anyway after he submitted the letter i have had at least 10 exams between qtc and ves so the first time exam for seizures ptsd was "lost" i shit you not ves lost them anyway.i had to do two more for ves and was granted 100% for seizures so tnan a few months later they sent an exam letter for qtc to give me a full body check up and thatthe same two for tbi and seizures and than rated for

left ear hearing loss     0%     Service Connected         04/02/201 
bilateral pes planus     30%      
tinnitus     10%     Service Connected     

Disability Evaluation System (DES)
    04/02/2018

left shoulder chronic strain with labral tear (previously rated as left peri-scapular muscle strain, minor DC 5302-5201)     20%     Servi

08/27/2012
traumatic brain injury     0%     Service Connected     

08/27/2012

post concussion headaches
    0%     Service Connected         08/27/2012

posttraumatic stress disorder with depression and residuals of TBI     100%     Service Connected     

PTSD - Combat

12/21/2017

hallux rigidus, right great toe     10%     Service Connected         04/02/2018
myopia (claimed as blurry vision)         Not Service Connected         
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)     10%     Service

folliculitis (claimed as skin condition - torso)     0%     Service Connected     

right achilles tendonitis, status post ankle sprain     10%     Service Connected     

08/27/2012
left achilles tendonitis, status post ankle sprain     10%     Service Connected     

08/27/2012   
right shoulder chronic strain with labral tear (previously rated as right peri-scapular muscle strain, major DC 5302-5201)     20%     Service Connected     

04/02/2018

100% post traumatic epilepsy

so after now learning the system a bit i applied for aid and attendance so than they made me go to the occupational therapist for a appointment at the va which was cool because the exam is in my va notes anyway tjan the exact same two exams i shit you not and now my claim changed from

aid and attendance housebound(new) unemployablility (new) ptsd depression and residuals of a tbi (inc) iu post traumatic epilepsy (inc) iu now it saysDisabilities Claimed: SMC aid and attendance (New), unemployability (issue is moot, already entitled) (New), post traumatic epilepsy (already rated at 100%) (Increase), posttraumatic stress disorder with depression and residuals of TBI (already rated at 100%) (Increase)

it has been one hell of a year anyway has anyone else experiened this? i was  a 19d stryker gunner when i got hurt in southern afghanistan in 2009  in the arghandab valley. i was medically retired in 2012 it took so long to get out because the peblo handling my case submitted it with the wrong social security number and than madigan hospital had the huge ptsd scandal and than i was never able to see a neurologist because they were convinced i was crazy. anyway i had an awesome command and i did a lot of cq. anyway i had a gran mal seizure that was bad my wife called 911 and she said i fouat the paramedics that i was running around naked waving my dick glad the yelm wa paramedics are some of the best. anyway i finally came too punching the urgent care door and red alarms flashing with police looking at me. so i was immediately put on anti epileptic medicine which controlled the gran mal seizures but than it turned out that i have one of the rarest seizure disorders call eccstatic seizures along with focal seizures of the right temporal lobe. look up what those are anyway over the next 2 years i was diagnosed with seizures because i forgot to give this card from a place called qtc to my wife. so anyway i got this letter from the va saying i was rated for seizures at 40% so i was like that is awesome thanks va. anyway i kept saying i was having seizures and no one was believing me becauseof how i was trying to explain them if you read what they are you will see that hey this dude is either searching for drugs or lying for benefits until i had that eeg and than that is when my journey through the past year started so in dec i submitted the increase in aid and attendance. my neuro confirmed in writing that i have ten or more seizures a day. so my wife who her and i have been married for 12 years (since i was 21) is my caregiver. the occupational therapist said she helps me daily doing the grooming bathing and mobility.mobility and bathing for specifically seizures. anyway i submitted the claim in dec 22for the smc increase. on feb 6 they made me do the exact tbi and ptsd exams. it was crazy because during the tbi exam the examiner was like you are already rated at 100% and stqrted to complain to me about how many cases he sees of people blantantly lying about ptsd and benefits and that guys like me are getting by having to go through this process so many times. so after those that is when it changed to the above. i am sorry i just started rambling but i have never unloaded my number 1 lesson through all of this is you guys that have residuals of a tbi prepare fpr the rat race

Edited by mmsmms123