VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Contact number for Evidence Intake Center in Janesvilles, WI

Rate this question

Kathleen ZAVADA

Question

I am looking for a contact number to speak with someone in the Dept of VA Evidence Intake Center in Janesville, WI.  I received a Decision letter 26 January 2019 and noticed in the evidence section that my primary care doctor wasn't contacted for further information/evidence.  I spoke with someone at the VA Resource Office and was told to submit a Reconsideration of Decision letter to the Evidence Intake Center.  I submitted a cover letter, a personal letter and further evidence to support my Reconsideration of Decision.  I called the Resource Office today and was told that nothing is showing on my record.  I was also told that the procedures have changed and I now have to submit a Reconsideration Form.  I am in a wheelchair and it is very difficult for me to get around.  Can you please allow me to contact someone in the Intake Center or at least, tell me if my paperwork was accepted in February 2019.  Thank you for your assistance.

• Founder

All I could find is this https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/mailingaddresses.asp

Mailing Address for Disability Compensation Claims

The Department of Veterans Affairs has implemented centralized mail processing (CM) for compensation claims to reduce incoming paper handling and shipping requirements. Veterans should mail or fax correspondence pertaining to compensation claims to the below location.

Important: The mailing addresses below only pertain to disability compensation claims. For education claims, refer to the appropriate Regional Processing Office. For home loan matters, contact a Regional Loan Center and for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment matters, contact your local regional office at their physical address. For pension claims, use the Pension Management Center (PMC) that serves your state. For dual pension and compensation claims, use the mailing address below for compensation claims.

Mail to: 
DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
CLAIMS INTAKE CENTER
PO BOX 4444
JANESVILLE, WI 53547-4444

or Fax to: 
TOLL FREE: 844-531-7818 

• HadIt.com Elder

This may help  after you get into the link  you can click on the hi-lighted area of your question

https://www.seankendalllaw.net/blog/vaevidenceintakecenters.cfm

I would think this is a NOD  21-0958 They want you to send  if you disagree with the decision.(within one year of the decision.

The evidence intake center is a distribution center to go paperless and send out your appeal or claim to any of the  R.O.s  through out the country.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
2 hours ago, Dennis W said:

Is there a telephone number you can call for the intake center in Janesville, WI

Not sure if they take calls directly from veterans. They just collect and scan documents into your file.

I had an issue where the VA said they did not have documents I submitted via ebenefits web site. They told me that if I uploaded anything then it was purged at some point because I had no documents added around the time I did it.

Anytime you send information, we here at Hadit recommend mailing it certified, return receipt so you can have proof that they received it. You can also fax it too, but make sure you get a confirmation page. Never send originals. If you upload the documents on ebenefits, be sure to mail one too (cover your bases).

If you submitted evidence from a non-VA doctor, they should have sent you a letter asking you to fill out a release of information form so they could try and get the evidence directly from the VA. I always fill out the form and send it in at the same time so they don't have to delay processing of my claim.

• Community Owner
On 3/21/2019 at 5:59 AM, Tbird said:

The 877-294-6380 number just takes you to one of the call centers connected to 800-827-1000. There is no direct number.

On 1/28/2020 at 7:09 PM, Deborah01 said:

All I could find is this https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/mailingaddresses.asp

Mailing Address for Disability Compensation Claims

The Department of Veterans Affairs has implemented centralized mail processing (CM) for compensation claims to reduce incoming paper handling and shipping requirements. Veterans should mail or fax correspondence pertaining to compensation claims to the below location.

Important: The mailing addresses below only pertain to disability compensation claims. For education claims, refer to the appropriate Regional Processing Office. For home loan matters, contact a Regional Loan Center and for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment matters, contact your local regional office at their physical address. For pension claims, use the Pension Management Center (PMC) that serves your state. For dual pension and compensation claims, use the mailing address below for compensation claims.

Mail to: 
DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
CLAIMS INTAKE CENTER
PO BOX 4444
JANESVILLE, WI 53547-4444

or Fax to: 
TOLL FREE: 844-531-7818