Contact number for Evidence Intake Center in Janesvilles, WI

Kathleen ZAVADA

Question

I am looking for a contact number to speak with someone in the Dept of VA Evidence Intake Center in Janesville, WI.  I received a Decision letter 26 January 2019 and noticed in the evidence section that my primary care doctor wasn't contacted for further information/evidence.  I spoke with someone at the VA Resource Office and was told to submit a Reconsideration of Decision letter to the Evidence Intake Center.  I submitted a cover letter, a personal letter and further evidence to support my Reconsideration of Decision.  I called the Resource Office today and was told that nothing is showing on my record.  I was also told that the procedures have changed and I now have to submit a Reconsideration Form.  I am in a wheelchair and it is very difficult for me to get around.  Can you please allow me to contact someone in the Intake Center or at least, tell me if my paperwork was accepted in February 2019.  Thank you for your assistance.

11 answers to this question

• Community Admin/Founder

All I could find is this https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/mailingaddresses.asp

Mailing Address for Disability Compensation Claims

The Department of Veterans Affairs has implemented centralized mail processing (CM) for compensation claims to reduce incoming paper handling and shipping requirements. Veterans should mail or fax correspondence pertaining to compensation claims to the below location.

Important: The mailing addresses below only pertain to disability compensation claims. For education claims, refer to the appropriate Regional Processing Office. For home loan matters, contact a Regional Loan Center and for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment matters, contact your local regional office at their physical address. For pension claims, use the Pension Management Center (PMC) that serves your state. For dual pension and compensation claims, use the mailing address below for compensation claims.

Mail to: 
DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
CLAIMS INTAKE CENTER
PO BOX 4444
JANESVILLE, WI 53547-4444

or Fax to: 
TOLL FREE: 844-531-7818 

This may help  after you get into the link  you can click on the hi-lighted area of your question

https://www.seankendalllaw.net/blog/vaevidenceintakecenters.cfm

I would think this is a NOD  21-0958 They want you to send  if you disagree with the decision.(within one year of the decision.

The evidence intake center is a distribution center to go paperless and send out your appeal or claim to any of the  R.O.s  through out the country.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
2 hours ago, Dennis W said:

Is there a telephone number you can call for the intake center in Janesville, WI

Not sure if they take calls directly from veterans. They just collect and scan documents into your file.

I had an issue where the VA said they did not have documents I submitted via ebenefits web site. They told me that if I uploaded anything then it was purged at some point because I had no documents added around the time I did it.

Anytime you send information, we here at Hadit recommend mailing it certified, return receipt so you can have proof that they received it. You can also fax it too, but make sure you get a confirmation page. Never send originals. If you upload the documents on ebenefits, be sure to mail one too (cover your bases).

If you submitted evidence from a non-VA doctor, they should have sent you a letter asking you to fill out a release of information form so they could try and get the evidence directly from the VA. I always fill out the form and send it in at the same time so they don't have to delay processing of my claim.

On 3/21/2019 at 5:59 AM, Tbird said:

The 877-294-6380 number just takes you to one of the call centers connected to 800-827-1000. There is no direct number.

On 1/28/2020 at 7:09 PM, Deborah01 said:

All I could find is this https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/mailingaddresses.asp

Mailing Address for Disability Compensation Claims

The Department of Veterans Affairs has implemented centralized mail processing (CM) for compensation claims to reduce incoming paper handling and shipping requirements. Veterans should mail or fax correspondence pertaining to compensation claims to the below location.

Important: The mailing addresses below only pertain to disability compensation claims. For education claims, refer to the appropriate Regional Processing Office. For home loan matters, contact a Regional Loan Center and for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment matters, contact your local regional office at their physical address. For pension claims, use the Pension Management Center (PMC) that serves your state. For dual pension and compensation claims, use the mailing address below for compensation claims.

Mail to: 
DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
CLAIMS INTAKE CENTER
PO BOX 4444
JANESVILLE, WI 53547-4444

or Fax to: 
TOLL FREE: 844-531-7818 

On 3/20/2019 at 12:47 PM, Kathleen ZAVADA said:

I submitted a cover letter, a personal letter and further evidence to support my Reconsideration of Decision.

I submitted a letter with documentation for a CUE. The cheeseville intake center treated it as correspondence. I went through a royal mess with the VA getting my CUE accepted. I think they are trying to get veterans to send in their information on standard forms to make it a little.easier on the VA to identify what benefit we are requesting and allow it to be worked by anyone in the VA system. That said there is no standard form to submit a CUE on. 

I did a search for "va reconsideration form" . I found VA FORM 4107VHA. This just talks about your rights to appeal. I did a search for "va reconsideration". The first several things that come up are from lawyers. You might find what they have to say interesting. It doesn't appear that there is a VA form for reconsideration. When any paper work that you have sent to cheeseville is added to the VA system Peggy(1-800-827-1000) should be able to tell you that it is in your file. I think you need to appeal your decision. Your decision should discuss what you need to do for that.

I never cease to be amazed with the VA's "creative methods" of hornswaggling Vets.  However, "losing the claim" is an old one.  

My advice is to  re submit it, probably online thru ebenefits.  Remember, the va has financial incentive to lose our paperwork, so they have gotten good at losing it. 

Also, have you checked vbms to see if it shows up there?  I guess you know you are entitled to a written decision because of 38 cfr 3.103

On 5/20/2020 at 2:26 PM, kanewnut said:

I submitted a letter with documentation for a CUE. The cheeseville intake center treated it as correspondence. I went through a royal mess with the VA getting my CUE accepted. I think they are trying to get veterans to send in their information on standard forms to make it a little.easier on the VA to identify what benefit we are requesting and allow it to be worked by anyone in the VA system. That said there is no standard form to submit a CUE on. 

I did a search for "va reconsideration form" . I found VA FORM 4107VHA. This just talks about your rights to appeal. I did a search for "va reconsideration". The first several things that come up are from lawyers. You might find what they have to say interesting. It doesn't appear that there is a VA form for reconsideration. When any paper work that you have sent to cheeseville is added to the VA system Peggy(1-800-827-1000) should be able to tell you that it is in your file. I think you need to appeal your decision. Your decision should discuss what you need to do for that.

There is a lot of bad advice put out there by well meaning but uneducated VSO's that you should submit a form VBA-21-4138 -STATEMENT IN SUPPORT OF CLAIM  and ask for a "VA Reconsideration". The facts are there is no such thing as a "VA Reconsideration".  Trust me I have been doing this for some time. (1981) I recently helped a Vet that had 32 years of service and had no less than 5 requests for "VA Reconsideration" between 2013 and 2016. In  October 2017 by submitting "a fully developed Claim".  By helping him submit the right supporting documentation he was able to go from 30% PTSD to 70% PTSD and 100% Unemployable.

Instead of asking for "VA Reconsideration" you should file a Notice of Disagreement, (NOD) and ask for a Higher Level Review at the Regional Office (RO). I also always request a personal hearing at Higher Level Review at the Regional Office (RO). If presented right it may save you a trip to the Board of Veterans Appeals.

• Like 1

I have also found that if you have a ebennifets account you are much better off submitting you documation through it vs. sending or faxing it to Janesville to delete because they believe it's  in your file or lose it somewhere.

• Like 1