VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TBI, yes. Now C&P for headaches

Rate this question

El Train

Question

Got a call from QTC stating residuals from TBI are present (just had psyc eval for TBI).  Now need a C&P for headaches and alterations in smell/taste.  You think they will rate all together or separately?  I know, just wait, but was hoping someone has been down this road.

The only issue about headaches, I never sought treatment for them.  Just self medicated over the years.  MJ, otc stuff like excederin, advil, etc.  I am taking Lyrica for myalgia symptoms.  It does seem to dull headache pain to some degree.  Perfumes/cologne or diesel fumes are instant triggers.  Same with photo-sensitivity.  I work part time from home and have been out for 26 years.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

They will rate the residuals separately .. for example if the  TBI also caused hearing loss or eye damage they will rate those issues separate from the TBI itself.  Don't worry about seeking treatment I claimed my TBI in 2016 and it happened in 1974, I never got treatment after the initial hospitalization either.   They know what issues come with TBI , also there is no rule that requires you have treatment only that it was diagnosed, and continues to this day.  Best of  Luck..... 

I have tinnitus scars and headaches all rated separately from my 100% tbi residuals. Don’t let them lowball your headaches I was 0% and now 50% highest for migraines because I was never given a separate C and P from my TBI from 2010 to 2018 no C and P then magically I was scheduled for one and they raised me to 50% imagine that. I’m done wasting my time worrying about when it was given I have a family to raise 1 and 4 year old who have spent way to many hours in with me at my VA appointments. But read the exam before you go and for goodness sake read what prostrating means?