VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Notification but Dependents Disappeared

Rate this question

Mperry90

Question

My claim was deferred in Nov 2018 and I was awarded back pay for one condition. The rest of the conditions went on in another appeal (RAMP) . All of a sudden my appeals at BVA were pulled and added to this appeal. In feb I had a C and P for all the deferred conditions and also the BVA appealed ones too. My appeal whet into pending Decision Approval and stayed two weeks, went back to gathering evidence and right back to PDA within 24 hours. On 3/20 it changed to Pending Notification and said it would be done 3/21, I am super nervous now because when I looked under dependents it says “no dependents on award” and they are listed under “not on award”, did I just lose all my benefits? I hope someone has been through this type of thing and can tell me if I need to fix something or not.  

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

You have been spending "too much time" on ebenefits..with the expected result:  Worry.   I suggest worrying about something else..like your house falling into a sinkhole this evening.  Or, you could just try not worrying at all.  

Ebenefits, plus $10 will get you a cup of coffee at almost any place in town.  Or, you can get coffee for $5 or less in most places without Ebenefits.  

Sometimes VA removes dependents.  The reason is they think all Vets will abandon their kids and spouse after they get on drugs and alcohol if they have not already done so.    If VA removes your dependents, send back in the form again, so VA can lose it again.  

Every time I go to VA they ask me if I drink, smoke, take drugs, etc. and my answer is consitently no.  Of course, they dont beleive me, because everyone knows all Vets drink, take drugs, and abandon their spouse and kids, right?  For me, they are 0 out of 4 correct. 

Edited by broncovet

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use