VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

7.5 Months Since BVA Grants, Nuttin', Honey!

Rate this question

acesup

Question

Just checking in once again to report the ongoing ABSENCE OF ANY SIGNS of action on my claim;  here's what's apparently STILL happening (or more accurately, NOT happening)... __________________________________"MORE NOTHING"_______________________________________.!  It is now 7.5 months since the ruling.  

BVA granted me TDIU and SMC (s) retro to 2009.  There are two minor remands that have no effect whatsoever on the TDIU and SMC.  As of today, l still am currently at my old rating of 70%.  I did get a BVA Decision Letter back in August, but I'm hearing nothing from the VARO or ARC that are supposed to be promulgating my claim.  Checked with Peggy again last week, I honestly don't know why they employ people to answer those phones and not be of any assistance.  VA could save a lot of cash if they'd simply say "No claims information will be given today, please shut up and go away".  

I've called the White House Hotline once, they transferred me to Peggy, who said that it was "in the final stages".   Well, that was 6 weeks ago.  I hope when I'm in my 'final stages" of life, it won't drag on like this has.  

I'm still not broke, and as far as I know, not in danger of being qualified for any "priority" status, so I'm still grateful for that.  Heck, I'd be afraid to ask them to expedite it, it's already getting "expeditious" handling, isn't it?  LOL  

I know there are some people here who've been waiting even longer, I hope they've finally gotten their new ratings implemented.  OK, end of rant.  All my fellow waiters, let us know what's happening?

How long after your NOD was filed did it take you to get to the BVA?

I have been waiting 3 years for the Appeals Management Center in my Legacy Appeal for a DRO decision(without a hearing).

Hey Aces,

We are still waiting also.  BVA decision March 7, 2018.  Granted increased rating on Migraines, remanded TDIU.  We've seen No movement.  Hit the 12 month mark a couple of weeks ago (since BVA grant).  We did make another white house call last week.  They say it will be 21 days before we get a response.  Very frustrating!

63charlie, My claim was filed in 2009, rejected in 2011 (filed NOD then requesting DRO review), went to DRO in 2014 where I got a partial grant.  Filed Form 9 Appeal to BVA then in 2014, got BVA decision August 7, 2018.  

Kelly,  I hate that it is taking so long on yours, it's getting ridiculous now.  I hope you'll get some positive action soon!

I guess after nearly 10 years since filing, I'm used to waiting.  Reminder to all of us:  DON'T give up 5 minutes before the miracle!

It looks like the VA is finishing the remand before they release any funds on award.  This is not supposed to happen and they are supposed to expedite the remand but that is a joke.  If you have a lawyer ask them to file a writ of mandamus.  That is how I got my case finished.  

The VA manages to pay their employees every other friday, without a hitch, ever.  What they need to do is either:

1.  Pay "0" VA exuctives until every Veteran is paid, OR

2.  Transfer the people who do "employee" payroll to do "Veterans benefits".  Then, we would get paid in 2 weeks or less, every single time.  

3.  Shut off congress pay until all Veterans benefits are paid.  

July of 2018 BVA grant and a remand. I had remand c&p 10 days ago and my remand  now has a 30 day to completion estimated date. I’m already 90% but was only at 40% when I started this entire claim in 2011.(other claims in the meantime).  It’s confusing and frustrating but I think the end is near. I did elect into the ramp program in January and that seemed to get it moving. I’m realky trying to be paitient but I know what you are feeling.