VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

7.5 Months Since BVA Grants, Nuttin', Honey!

Rate this question

acesup

Question

Just checking in once again to report the ongoing ABSENCE OF ANY SIGNS of action on my claim;  here's what's apparently STILL happening (or more accurately, NOT happening)... __________________________________"MORE NOTHING"_______________________________________.!  It is now 7.5 months since the ruling.  

BVA granted me TDIU and SMC (s) retro to 2009.  There are two minor remands that have no effect whatsoever on the TDIU and SMC.  As of today, l still am currently at my old rating of 70%.  I did get a BVA Decision Letter back in August, but I'm hearing nothing from the VARO or ARC that are supposed to be promulgating my claim.  Checked with Peggy again last week, I honestly don't know why they employ people to answer those phones and not be of any assistance.  VA could save a lot of cash if they'd simply say "No claims information will be given today, please shut up and go away".  

I've called the White House Hotline once, they transferred me to Peggy, who said that it was "in the final stages".   Well, that was 6 weeks ago.  I hope when I'm in my 'final stages" of life, it won't drag on like this has.  

I'm still not broke, and as far as I know, not in danger of being qualified for any "priority" status, so I'm still grateful for that.  Heck, I'd be afraid to ask them to expedite it, it's already getting "expeditious" handling, isn't it?  LOL  

I know there are some people here who've been waiting even longer, I hope they've finally gotten their new ratings implemented.  OK, end of rant.  All my fellow waiters, let us know what's happening?

@acesup I was previously in the same boat. My DRO appeal was granted on July 31, 2018. I learned the hard way that White House phone calls and Congressional Inquiries don’t work. Last month (February), I called the VA 1-800 # like I did everyday, three times a day. And the representative said she would give me the number to the VA liaison for my regional office which is Baltimore. Long story short, her office was directly across from the person who oversees the entire appeals Dept. The liaison took action on my behalf and was quite upset about the whole ordeal. My claim was closed the very next day and money in my account three days later. 

UPDATE:

I saw a post on another thread with an email address for BVA inquiries.  So I figured I'd give it a shot.  So I sent an email explaining our appeal info (BVA grant for migraines and remand for TDIU on March 7 2018) and I asked for any information they could provide.  I sent the email last night and got a response this morning. See below:

Thank you for your inquiry. Your appeal was remanded by the Board of Veterans’ Appeals (Board) to the Appeals Resource Center (ARC) on March 7, 2018. In its decision the BVA granted issues (Headaches) and remanded another for development and adjudication(TDIU). Upon review of the electronic file a rating decision in reference to headaches has been completed. As such, the appeal status is currently listed as “Open”. Please note that after promulgation of this grant, development will be continued for the remaining remanded issues. An email has been sent to the Supervisor to initiate the grant for headaches. Thank you for your service to this country.

I'm hoping that this is good news.....the part about sending an email to the supervisor to initiate the grant for headaches.

Also today I received a response from IRIS from an earlier inquiry I made.  Their response was DIFFERENT than any of the others.....it stated that they could not retrieve the appeal information and that they VARO would be contacting us directly regarding this info..........hmmm....could this mean someone might be working on it?

I just got to chime in.

The time frame is too long.

However, initial changes earlier in the process could help tremendously.

1. I would love to see a class explaining the process conducted every Tuesday at every VA hospital/facility explaining the claims process.

Simply, most veterans don't have the best understanding of the process ad this would help tremendously.

2. Next, outsource some of the heavier caseloads to Regional Offices with smaller caseloads.

I'm convinced a tired worker is more likely to make mistakes when confronted with large case loads.

Mistakes prolong a veterans wait times.

3. Last, hire more workers at the Regional Office.

Reduce the individual work loads and have no worker with more than 10 claims at any time.

😄

I emailed that address yesterday to inquire about my claim, as I've not heard anything since the Aug. 7, 2018 BVA decision that granted me TDIU and SMC.  I think the response is encouraging!  I hope this reply means that the two minor remands (SC for migraines and sciatica) are resolved, and that I'll soon be hearing about getting paid at the new level.  It may take a while to get the retro from 2009, but that will be OK, I don't have big plans for spending it.

Good morning Mr.xxxxxx

Thank you for your inquiry. Currently, your ARC-Remand w/ BVA Grant is pending 254 days at Lincoln Regional Office (RO). A rating decision is complete, but, according to VBMS, needs rating board attention. On March 15th, 2019, Appeals Management Office (AMO) transferred ownership to Lincoln RO. I have forwarded your inquiry to Lincoln RO and requested their office respond directly to your inquiry. Thank you for your service. Have a great day.