VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can you file some claims FDC and some standard?

Rate this question

RangerWife

Question

Hello, 

First-time poster, but I have been reading furiously on here for a couple of months now and the information has been incredibly helpful - thank you! I am trying to help my husband get his disabilities SC'd and have a question I have searched and search but for some reason can't find the answer to what I imagine is a common question:

Can he submit some claims on one form as Fully developed and some claims on a second form as standard and submit both of those forms at the same time? Or, do all his claims have to be one or the other if being submitted at once?

Thank you!

Lauren

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

There is no limit on how many claims a veteran can file  rather FDC or Traditional Claims , however the traditional claims will be place in the RAMP program as of 19th Feb 2019

If your hubby has all his evidence  of record including his C-File before filing, submit all claims as FDC 

• HadIt.com Elder

Also your hubby may want to file the ITF (Intent to File) Claim  this gives him a year to gather  evidence that would be substantial to his claim and time to gather records if he needs them as evidence,  plus it gives him a year head start of his Early Effective Dates.and more retro payment.

Example I filed a ITF Claim...the VA Received it and noted my ITF Date for the following year as long as I submit the claim within one year of that date.(this is very important to remember to file within a year or before one year)

so I gather my evidence during the first year and about 7 days prior to year dead line I submitted it before the first year  like within 7 days  some go 2 weeks  but just  make sure its submitted before the year or the date the VA gives you is up.

if you fail to file within the one year period  it will start the date you file it.

So if you file a ITF be sure and mark your calendar or  set computer reminder  to file it before the dead line

Note: you don't have to tell them what your filing for at this time  just so you say your filing a ITF Claim.

Edited by Buck52