• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Question

I have been rated 80% with TDIU since 2013. I recently attended my 5 year re-evaluation for PTSD. My exam results showed up on Myhealthyvet today, but I shouldn't get a decision until June or July according to VA.gov. I just wanted to know what you guys thought my rating "MAY" be based on this C&P.  Of course, my PTSD and MDD are firing at max speed right now worrying about it. My concern is the part where the Dr says "Moderately Severe" PTSD and depression. I have heard stories about the raters pulling small words like that out and using them for a reason to reduce benefits.                             Thank you in advance for your time and responses. 

cp1.pdf cp2.pdf cp3.pdf cp4.pdf cp5.pdf cp6.pdf cp7.pdf cp8.pdf cp9.pdf cp10.pdf

Posted (edited)

Which one of the following best describes your situation?  This is a general idea of how they will rate it.  They don't go off of one statement a doctor will place on there, it is more of a puzzle and finding out which once you fit into.

General Rating Formula for Mental Disorders

After looking it over page 9 is where I would look to see how they will rate it.  If I am reading this correctly the 70% seems to fit.  But I am not a rater, so It will based on what they see.

Edited by shrekthetank1
addition
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that shrekthetank hit it right at 70%.  If it does not come back as expected appeal.

• Thanks 1

I agree with Vetquest  70% seems to meet the appropriate  rating closes to the symptoms ,but it looks like to me it can be a close 100% rating   depending on what the raters see and read.

70% is what i am currently rated with TDIU.  I was thinking 70% as well... I am not clear on the rules for TDIU when it pertains to a situation like this. Can the rater keep me at 70% and reduce my benefits by taking away TDIU? Even if the Dr said my condition has not improved since my last C&P? Thank you for your responses. 

Yes he can but I will say wait for the BBE.  We never know which way the rater will go.  I can only advise patience and a calm demeanor.  We have all been through this at one time or another and worrying only makes us older than our years.

• Thanks 1