VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

haasume

Question

I have been rated 80% with TDIU since 2013. I recently attended my 5 year re-evaluation for PTSD. My exam results showed up on Myhealthyvet today, but I shouldn't get a decision until June or July according to VA.gov. I just wanted to know what you guys thought my rating "MAY" be based on this C&P.  Of course, my PTSD and MDD are firing at max speed right now worrying about it. My concern is the part where the Dr says "Moderately Severe" PTSD and depression. I have heard stories about the raters pulling small words like that out and using them for a reason to reduce benefits.                             Thank you in advance for your time and responses. 

cp1.pdf cp2.pdf cp3.pdf cp4.pdf cp5.pdf cp6.pdf cp7.pdf cp8.pdf cp9.pdf cp10.pdf

Buck52 I have been  rated at 70% PTSD and a couple other physical injuries that equal another 10% by VA math for a total of 80%. I have carried these ratings for almost 5 yrs now. This C&P was for my reevaluation for my PTSD and MDD.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok you were sent to a PTSD C&P for your 5 year evaluation.

if it stays at 70% you should not lose the IU , if its improved  you will be reduced,   but this C&P shows to be at least 70% if not an increase to 100%  even though your not asking for increase  if this C&P Shows your symptoms have got worse  an Increase is a great probability .

If it does show it is worse from your last C&P  then  a increase  & you should be made 100% scheduler and the IU Moot. (jmo)

Thank you for your replies... I tried to go back to school by taking two college courses in the past 2 years and it didn't go well, I ask my professor to write a letter stating what she witnessed and what special accommodations she had to make in order for me to get a passing grade. I submitted that letter to VA. Gov as evidence for my "claim". Let's just say the accommodations were far beyond what a normal student would receive.  VA.gov says the rater has viewed my letter from a college professor basically saying I had no chance of being successful in college due to my symptoms & I assume the DBQ from the C&P exam. My decision date has somehow gone from June 13th to April 4th. So I am guessing they have enough to rate me?? Is this good or is this bad? I wasn't ready for the VA to do something faster than expected. Normally its the other way around. 

I dont know if it matters but I have a couple other things I sent in as evidence and for some reason the rater did not read any of them. Only he letter from my professor. I don't know if this is good or bad that they moved the date forward 2 months. I hope someone has something to tell me.  Thank you again