VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

haasume

Question

I have been rated 80% with TDIU since 2013. I recently attended my 5 year re-evaluation for PTSD. My exam results showed up on Myhealthyvet today, but I shouldn't get a decision until June or July according to VA.gov. I just wanted to know what you guys thought my rating "MAY" be based on this C&P.  Of course, my PTSD and MDD are firing at max speed right now worrying about it. My concern is the part where the Dr says "Moderately Severe" PTSD and depression. I have heard stories about the raters pulling small words like that out and using them for a reason to reduce benefits.                             Thank you in advance for your time and responses. 

cp1.pdf cp2.pdf cp3.pdf cp4.pdf cp5.pdf cp6.pdf cp7.pdf cp8.pdf cp9.pdf cp10.pdf

EBENEFITS says that nothing has changed when I go to VA LETTERS and look at the SUMMERY OF BENEFITS. Is there somewhere else on EBENEFITS that they should have updated?

The decision letter came today. I have a couple questions.  1) Is there a standard timeframe for the second reevaluation such as 2-5yrs?              2) Beings I was not rated P&T do I not qualify for the benefits for my children such as medical insurance and college tuition etc?      3) Now that I have carried this rating for 5 or more years does it move to (semi-protected)?  

VAdecis1.pdf VAdecis2.pdf VAdecis3.pdf

You may be reconsidered in two to five years or you might get by longer.  If you request TDIU and get it you should get the benefits for your kids.  Yes, after five years it is harder for the VA to take away your rating.  Nothing is guaranteed until twenty years but it helps.  Are your working or just getting by?

7 hours ago, haasume said:

The decision letter came today. I have a couple questions.  1) Is there a standard timeframe for the second reevaluation such as 2-5yrs?              2) Beings I was not rated P&T do I not qualify for the benefits for my children such as medical insurance and college tuition etc?      3) Now that I have carried this rating for 5 or more years does it move to (semi-protected)?  

VAdecis1.pdf 264.06 kB · 3 downloads VAdecis2.pdf 378.43 kB · 3 downloads VAdecis3.pdf 186.49 kB · 3 downloads

I was awarded an increase for PTSD from June 2015. My C-file has documented that a future re-examination for PTSD will be January 2021. That's a 6 yr gap. But, it can be whenever the VA wants to be honest.

Just keep going to therapy or if you haven't gone in awhile....start getting seen.

I have not worked since 2012. I have tried volunteering at a couple places, but my symptoms made even that too much. From missing days and being unreliable and feeling let I let everyone down. Or I have panic attacks or anger issues depending on the situation (I'm sure you guys know the symptoms) I do attend individual and group therapy on a weekly basis at the VA. I have missed appointments before due to my symptoms, but I always call. Thank you for everyone's input. VETQUEST I have been TDIU for 5 years now and I have not gotten the medical insurance for my children. Do I need to talk to my Legion rep to get that set up or how do I go about getting their benefits?