VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

bigmoe52

Rate this question

bigmoe52

Question

I was just awarded SMC a few days ago. I have not received the paperwork yet but eBenefits shows I was awarded on 3/20/2019 with an effective date of Nov. 21st, 2017. It also says I am SMC (L-1)  . Can someone tell me what L-1 is and what is the monthly benefit rate for that?  And will my benefit amount be retroactive back to the effective date of 11/21/2017?  Thank you.

Steve

Edited by bigmoe52

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

Congratulations.  However, most of us dont rely on ebenefits for good reasons.  

You can look here for the rates, I dont know your dependents.

https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/resources_comp02.asp

Thanks Bron. I don't rely on it. I got a deposit in my account last night. The amount did not seem high enough if they were going to pay be all the way back to the stated effective date of Nov. 21st, 2017.  The table shows a monthly benefit amount of $3974.49 for a vet and spouse for an L rating. Is an "L" rating the same as "L-1"? Do they retro back to the effective date? 

You should get pay back to the first day of the month AFTER your effective date.  You need to deduct what you have already been paid.  Also, last year the rates were lower, as well as the year before, so you need to calculate it each year.