VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awaiting TDIU retro pay

Rate this question

veteranwife0523

Question

My veteran was granted TDIU 7Dec 2018 with a retro back to September 2013. We've contacted our senator's office and were told that the Granted portion of our case was sent by the AMC to the Finance department at the Louisville RO on 14 March 2019 because it required "additional processing". Anyone know what the "additional processing" means? We have yet to receive any letters from the RO, only the decision letter from the BVA. 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

You wont be getting any back pay until "about" the time of the VARO decision.  Rarely, you could get it a couple days earlier, but most Vets dont get it retro until after the VARO decision arrives.  

Now, for the bad news (if that wasnt bad enough)...

Its taking the VARO 6 to 18 months to implement a BVA decision.  Its wrong..and not fair to Vets..yes.  You can try calling the white house hotline, but, "expiditious processing" has a double standard with VA.  

1 Expiditious processing for VA employees:  Get it done in 2 weeks, prior to their next pay check. 

2. Expiditious processing for Vets.  Get it done whenever you get a round tuit, as long as its within 2 years or so.  (It took VA 3 years to implement my BVA decision!  They implemented "part of it" in 6 months...I had to fight them tooth and nail for 3 years..rattling many cages...to get them to implement my BVA decision.)  

Hopefully, yours will be done much faster, but the VA does things their own way, in their own time.  Its not like a company where you can do business with their competitor.  We have no choice but to wait on them no matter how long it takes..and VA has "zero" accountability.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Call the 1-800# ask about it

or go to your R.O. in person Take your Award letter  and ask to see a supervisor and ask about it. (Retro)

I am guessing this is a large amount of retro  and  because of this  it does take longer for the retro check to be cut to you and needs additional signatures...usually about 2 -3 months...your wait its about time you see some movement  but it could come any day now.(jmo)

or check your Bank Account?

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

After I was Awarded my TDIU P&T 

The award letter just said my retro would follow...so we waited and waited and after a couple months Wife was looking on our Bank statement and notice the retro.  bitter sweet ending. eh!