Can I file Secondary for Migraines while also filing for PTSD?

Point_break

Question

I know my Migraines are due to my PTSD. I've been going to the Vet Center for the last couple of months and finally have my paperwork to turn over to the VA for a claim. It says I do have PTSD that's related to my time in Iraq. Can I also file for Migraines secondary to the PTSD or do I have to wait to first become service connected?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

You can file and they will deny but gives an earlier eed. You would have to appeal. 

Since your PTSD is S.C. any secondary claims become part of the original disability  that you claim secondary to.

so yes it will be S.C. also and should be rated the proper rating for that disability/or disability's

Migraines are rated by the VA based on the frequency and severity of the headaches. ... The highest schedular rating for migraines is 50 percent.

For a 50 percent rating, a veteran must experience “very frequent completely prostrating and prolonged attacks productive of severe economic inadaptability.”

check Migraine's Rating criteria Listing schedule

Be sure you have a qualified Dr stating that your PTSD (MEDS) is likely as not related to your  Migraines TO ADD AS YOUR EVIDENCE

check your Progress Notes  off Mhealthvet from Dr/s LC.S.W. for any additional evidence, make copies  hi-lite the area you wish the rater to read that is favorable to your claim.

Note   this is as long as you do have a S.C. for PTSD.

Edited by Buck52 (see edit history)