VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

planters wart pain related to lower back strain

Rate this question

LukaMaFuka

Question

I was awarded 10% compensation for planters wart on the bottom of my right foot back in 1994. I was denied compensation for lower back strain upon first request, and denied for degenerative disc disease in 2018. My question is how can I prove that the pain from the planters wart on the bottom of my foot caused me to walk so difunctionally that it caused my back to strain over all these years. Ive also spent many attempts to remove the Planters wart, but was unsuccessful?  

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator

You need an IMO from a doctor.  it needs to say something to the effect that your disability has cause this condition or has aggravated the condition.  You could write to them all day, but at the end of the day they want a doctor to weigh in to tell them if it is related or not.

You cant.  You have to have a doctor opine that your back condition is "at least as likely as not" due to your plantar's warts.  

Your testimony  is "lay evidence" (unless you are a medical professional) and is insufficient to document your nexus, above.  

You also may need a doctors diagnosis other than a "strain".  Generally, a "muscle strain" is acute and resolves itself.  If your muscle "strain" is chronic then you have to have that documented by a doctor as well.  

You dont get compensation for acute pain that resolves itself.