VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Possible new AO presumptives Radio show here tonight

Rate this question

Berta

Question

The acccess to our show is in the blog Radio show forum- here-

call ins- 1-347-237-4819

when you hear the English woman you need to pres # 1 on your phone to get into the call- in queue.

This is surely our last chance to ever get any new AO presumptives.

The Blue Water Procopio issue will impact on whatever Secretary Wilkie decides- but we do not know how it will yet.

This is important news for any incountry Vietnam veteran, or for any veteran who can prove ( as MANY have done) that they were exposed to AO , in Thailand, Okinawa, and even in CONUS and other places and they have any disabilities that are on , or will be on,  the next AO presumptive list.

Blue Waters= please check the most recent VA AO ship's list here because that list has grown a lot, solely due to the willingness of veterans to prove their ship was exposed to AO. All of their work has helped MANY Blue Water vets , some are hadit members.

Other sailors will have to rely on Procopio , which will help them, and one other  Blue Water AO bill is in Congress, and Nothing is Impossible.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes  you did Ms Berta   thanks

On  this issue  Just my opinion here

When a  Veteran brings up  the possibility of A.O. presumptive to his VA PCP  they seem like they are stumped and don't know what to say?   either there ignorant or do not know about the A.O.? or the A.O. PRESUMPTIVES  the old as well as the new ones or just refuse to help the Veteran   especially the Vietnam Veterans     there is not many of us Vietnam vets left  but  

When I ask VA Dr's in the dermatology clinic about a skin disease they don't know what to diagnose me for?  I ask them   is this a possibility It could be related to  the A.O. herbicide that was sprayed in Vietnam years ago?  My reason I ask is because  I am a Vietnam combat Veteran and was exposed to this A.O. and I am very very concerned. 

they just raise their eye browns and make lite of it and go on to something else 

As member Gastone came down with Brain Cancer   the kind late Senator  John McCain Had and died from.

I have not been in contact with Gastone in the last 4 or 5 months now  last I heard he was not doing very well   after 7 surgeries. 

Yes, we all are concerned about Gastone-

The VA did not consider his form of cancer as a presumptive,( gioblastoma) because I guess NAM (IOM) just did not find enough evidence for it to be proven to be from dioxin.It is a serious form of brain cancer. We still miss our pastor's daugther- she died just before Christmas with it - 29 years old.

Buck I bet that many times a vet will be diagnosed with and treated for an established AO presumptive but I just dont think these doctors care at all, and probaly never mention they should file a claim.

I would think by now all VA practitioners have some idea of what is on the AO presumptive list.

I made an error on the show I think-

I think I said ALS , but it is AL that is presumptive to AO-

ALS is presumptive to all veterans.

In part:

"What are “Presumptive” Conditions? If you are diagnosed with a chronic disease within one year of active duty release, you should apply for disability compensation. Examples of chronic disease include: arthritis, diabetes or hypertension. Or, if you served continuously for at least 90 days and are diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) after discharge, you can establish service connection for the disease. "

https://www.benefits.va.gov/BENEFITS/factsheets/serviceconnected/presumption.pdf

And 

Al Amyloidosis

"AL Amyloidosis and Agent Orange

Veterans who develop AL amyloidosis and were exposed to Agent Orange or other herbicides during military service do not have to prove a connection between their disease and service to be eligible to receive VA health care and disability compensation.

About AL amyloidosis

AL amyloidosis is a rare disease caused when amyloid proteins are abnormally deposited in tissues or organs. Primary (AL) amyloidosis is the most common form. AL amyloidoisis is not a cancer, but it can occur because of some cancers.

Affected organs may include heart, kidneys, liver, bowel, skin, nerves, joints, and lungs. Symptoms include fatigue, anemia (low red blood cell count), weight loss, numbness and tingling in limbs."

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/conditions/al_amyloidosis.asp