VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2019 Amended Procedures

Rate this question

Ann Bracey

Question

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

You didnt supply a link to the "amended procedures" you are referring to.  There are a whole bunch of amended procedures involving RAMP, and you can read about those..there is a seperate topic just for "RAMP" questions.  

I dont think it changes much..as far as appeal timeliness.  Did you file your I9 in response to the SOC within the required 60 days?  If I recall, you posted that time is up tommorrow.  

If you have not yet filed the I9, today may be your last day to do so and mail it. (Next day air).    You may be able to file it tommorrow, if you hand carry the document to your local VARO and ask them to hand stamp it.  

I dont know, for sure if your claim has merit..that is a seperate issue.  However, I do know what VA does with "untimely filed appeals", to include I9's that are not filed within 60 days of the SOC.  They load them all up in trash bags and shred em all at once.  You have nearly a zero chance if you appeal after the deadline.  You would be better off spending your money on a lottery ticket.  

Edited by broncovet