VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P and Meds

Rate this question

SPO

Question

So after months of IT and other issues with the VA, they went from working strictly off medical opinion to asking for physical exam.  The exam has been sent out to QTC.  Since this is for Arthritis I know they will be doing range of motion.  The problem is I just took my latest dose of meds to control this condition (I take it once every three months), and the meds do a pretty good job of controlling symptoms.  So basically this C&P will not go well for me since my symptoms aren't going to be as bad.  I don't believe for a second that they will take in to account what I say my worst day is like vs the day of exam.  How am I supposed to handle this without getting screwed? Or am I going to have to go without meds and be miserable just to show them how bad it can be?

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think it went pretty well. I went to a contact nurse practitioner through qtc.  She did measure some ROM with the tool (shoulders and forward flexion on my back.). I think she eyeballed the other joints which makes me nervous.  I did ask if we needed to measure and she said she got it.  All in all the doc was very nice, listened and had about 2-3 pages of notes by the end.   I wasn’t having a great day but not a bad day either and I explained that. I also submitted my prescription history with a letter from my treating doctor to let them know what I was on and for how long (over 2 years).  Qtc says they are still waiting for her to submit and they should have it by today.   I also got a call from the va regional office and the guy says he thinks it will be done within a month. Fingers crossed.

So it took QTC almost a month to get the info back to the VA.  Now I'm not sure how long the VA will sit on the info before they move forward.  I have a hardship in, but it doesn't seem to make a difference to them.  Any suspense date that has been mentioned to me has been blown past.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Call IRIS and ask to check on this that you have a hardship case  and you truly need assistance.  thay may speed it up.

13 hours ago, SPO said:

I have a hardship in, but it doesn't seem to make a difference to them

@SPO

Besides "about to die" , "about to be homeless" is the highest flag they have to push things faster. You don't have to say why you may be losing your home, just that you are on the edge of it.. Of course that has to be true in context of your hardship, and it usually is for veterans these days.

If you can get to your RO go there and submit a FOIA for the DBQ, Letter to QTC and the Codesheet if any for this exam. If they cannot do it at the front desk, ask for the Release of Information Officer.

That will at least tell you what the C&P says and what the rater is working with including any conclusion she made or failed to make.

Closed today and they denied everything, not service connected.  I had diagnosis, my doctor had a statement saying more likely than not it’s connect to my primary psoriasis, and I believe the c&p went well.  Don’t know how to deal with this now